Creamy homemade easy tomato soup recipe made with fresh tomatoes. You can make restaurant style, flavourful thick tomato soup at home with this simple and easy tomato soup recipe. The best thing about this vegan tomato soup recipe is there is no cornflour, no cream, no butter or not even arrowroot. Now! If I got you interested let’s see how to make this easy tomato soup recipe at home.
Easy, hot and homemade fresh tomato soup. Tomato soup recipe is the most popular Indian appetizer. It is hearty, full of flavors and made with fresh tomatoes, herbs, and spices. Cook the fresh tomato soup basil soup which makes a perfect bowl to curl your fingers around and soak in the warmth of this creamy veg soup.
How to make Tomato Soup Recipe Video
Whenever I visit any restaurant the first thing I order from the menu is Tomato Soup or Sweet Corn Soup. Soups are always my favorite thing to order in a restaurant. They are wholesome, warm, healthy and so flavourful. Of all other soup recipes, Tomato Soup is my favorite. It has the right amount of tanginess and freshness of tomatoes in a bowl.
How to make the best homemade tomato soup
- Cook the onion on low heat so they are soft (not browned) and ginger and chili flakes are roasted nicely.
- As I have discussed before, I have not used any cornflour, cream, butter or even arrowroot. Still, this recipe makes an excellent luscious and creamy soup. The secret is using a bread. I have added a slice of bread broken down into pieces which cook along with the tomatoes and aromatics.
These homemade tomato soups are filling and your one-stop meal for a comfy dinner plan. You can serve this soup on its own, or serve it with crispy breadsticks, croutons, grilled cheese or simple eggs cooked as per your choice. Other soup recipes to try this winter are Coriander Lemon Soup, Sweet Corn Soup, Thai Red Curry Noodle Soup, Hot and Sour Egg Drop Soup, and Italian lentils and pasta soup.
Once you make these delicious, healthy tomato soup you will no longer rely on canned tomato soups. This 20-minute recipe is easy to cook albeit you keep these recipe notes in mind.
Recipe Notes- Tomato Soup
- If you like intense tomato flavor you must use tomato paste in the prep. The paste gives it a beautiful red color and adds great taste of tomatoes to the soup.
- If you want the quick tomato soup with canned tomatoes you can skip the pre-cooking step and
- Drizzle some olive oil on the soup before serving it.
Do try this recipe and share the same with your friends and family. Also, like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp. Pin us on Pinterest, we would love to hear from you do leave your comments below. You can also subscribe to Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by messaging Subscribe on +91-8368756817
- 400 gram Tomatoes (4 whole)
- 75 gram Onion Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 600 ml Water
- Basil leaves Sprig
- 1-2 Bread Pieces
- Take fresh tomatoes and make small slits at the bottom of the tomatoes and keep them aside.
- Now, take a deep pot and pour water into it. Allow the water to boil and then carefully add tomatoes in it.
- When the tomatoes are soft and the skin peels off the tomatoes, carefully take them out one by one in a plate.
- Take a bowl full of cold water and put the tomatoes in them.
- When the tomatoes are cold and soft, take them out of the cold water bowl and keep them on a plate. Peel off the skin of the tomatoes one by one and then cut them into pieces.
- Heat some oil (olive oil) in a pan and when it starts to smoke add chopped onions, a teaspoon of chopped ginger and a teaspoon of red chili powder.
- Mix them well and saute the onions until they are golden brown. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, add the tomato pieces, a sprig of basil leaves, salt and bread pieces in the pan.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir them and mash the tomatoes with the back of the spoon 'til the tomatoes are well mashed. Cover the tomatoes with a lid.
- When the tomatoes start to cook take off the lid and add water in it.
- Keep the heat to slow and blend the tomato soup with a blender. Keep blending the soup until no pulp of tomatoes is left.
- Now, mix the tomato soup and cook for another 2-to-3 minutes and serve hot. Pour some olive oil and serve the soup with crispy bread pieces.