Vegetable Fried rice a great vegetarian rice dish to use up the leftovers. It’s a Vegan Glutenfree and tastes exceptionally good because it is extra spicy veggie fried rice.
You know I am a rice lover, in fact, I love rice more than I love Roti or paratha, now if only I could eat it for every meal! But me being me whenever I make it I make sure that it tastes absolutely smashing and totally worth of cheating my LOW GI everyday diet. So I go for the recipes that are full of flavors spices and above all try to bring in healthy as much as possible.
So my Vegetable fried recipe is one recipe that ticks all the points above and also it’s super quick and is made using leftover rice is added plus. Fried rice is a great way to use up leftovers.
You can make eggs and veggie fried rice or you can make spicy fried rice like this or if you want you can skip too much spice and make them even more healthy and GI friendly veggie fried rice recipe of veggies fried brown rice.
The best thing about this veggie fried recipe is, you can use up various odds and ends from your refrigerator and the pantry and churn up a deliciously healthy and quick one pot meal. Serve the fried rice with a bowl of dahi/plain yogurt to balance the spices in the fried rice and a light salad to make the meal healthier.
It's a great lunchbox dish which is easy to pack and stays well. So when I have leftover rice from the previous night I know what's for Foodie Boy's Packed Lunch is going to be. I always keep chopped up vegetables in the fridge so it's just matter of minutes to make this quick and easy vegetarian Vegetable Fried rice. If you love eggs too? well! then you can crack an egg while cooking with veggies in this recipe for extra spicy veggie fried rice or make this delicious Egg fried rice Indian style.
Tips for Making Vegetable Fried Rice
- Leftover rice is always a better for making fried rice but you can use freshly cooked rice after cooling them by spreading on the plate. So that surface moisture is evaporated and grain stays separated.
- Preferably use a non-stick pan or wok that way it uses up less oil and egg or rice won’t stick to the bottom of the pan and states crunchy.
- Use medium high heat so that you get a great light brown edge in veggies and rice
Vegetable Fried Rice Recipe Video in Hindi
Did you cook this Vegetable Fried rice recipe?
- 2 cups rice cooked
- ½ cup sliced onion
- 3 Tomatoes medium size
- ½ capsicum/ bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 2-3 green chilis chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon peanuts roasted
- 1 lemon juice
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Add cumin and grated ginger along with sliced onion.
- Sauté the onion till they turn light brown in colour.
- Add finely chopped capsicum and green chili powder.
- Add in salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix everything well and add finely chopped tomatoes. As well as chopped capsicum.
- Now add 4-5 tablespoon of water and cook the masala till tomatoes are soft and pulpy.
- Add in fresh lemon juice.
- Now add cooked rice to the mix and mix everything well.
- Add in roasted peanuts and chopped coriander. Mix well cook till rice are heated through and serve the veggie fried rice.