Frittata is of cheap, quick-cooking high protein meal and a healthy way to use leftovers and is very nutritious. This Vegetable frittata is an easy and hearty dish and is best to serve in any meal. For breakfast, brunch or even dinner this veggie frittata is recipe is so good that we can have it any time of the day.
Frittata in Italian means fried, basically, the frittata is an Italian omelette style dish, but it is thicker and you can add more ingredients to it. So that makes it more wholesome and more nutritious depending on what do you add.
My way of adding more nutrition is adding a variety of veggies and for more flavorful frittata recipe nothing like fresh herbs which are always available in my balcony garden. Rosemary and Italian basil are my favourites.
As I said before, in this vegetable frittata you can use any leftovers you have in your refrigerator. I had one yellow bell pepper, corn and a few florets of broccoli, so what could have been the better way to put all this to good use. I made a frittata for breakfast. It is ready in less than 30 minutes and so delicious that it is always one of my go-to dishes whenever I am in doubt.
Nutrition in Veggie Fritatta
At 275 calories and a whopping 20g of proteins, this veggie frittata is one of the best high protein meals you can have. This is completely gluten-free and has very less amount of carbs, so that makes it one of the low carb meals if you are following a certain dietary regimen. I like to pair it with a lite salad ( my salad recipes ) and a drink that depends entirely on the mealtime.
I served it with my new fresh and citrusy floral infusion tea which I made with some lemon balm, orange blossom, and oolong tea. which made it all the more delightful. We love a frittata however you serve it warm from the oven, or straight from the, it tastes excellent anyways.
More Such Recipes
- 8 Eggs ( preferably organic)
- ¼ cup milk skim
- ¼ cup broccoli florets chopped
- 1 Tablespoon tomato sun dried
- ¼ cup corn frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup bell peppers chopped ( any color )
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- to taste salt pepper and
- Whisk the eggs with ¼ cup of skimmed milk and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a 6" cast iron pan. Add Olive oil and heat it up.
- Now add chopped veggies to the pan, saute them for 3-4 minutes and lower the heat.
- Add whisked eggs to the pan and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat so it is just about set.
- Now place this frittata in a preheated oven at 170C for 15 minutes and take it out sprinkle the cheese and return it the oven for 2-3 minutes and increase the temperature so it gets browned from the top. Slice it in the wedges and serve it hot.
- Per Recipe: 3 (2 Wedges each)