Vegetarian Kathi roll, Kolkata roll, Kati roll or Frankie, call them what you like, but these make perfect breakfast or snack on the go. Just put everything together and roll it in paratha and you have a delicious and quick breakfast ready in minutes.
Kathi rolls are famous roll that are said to have originated from Kolkata. It is very famous street food from Kolkata and most popular ones are chicken and mutton Kathi roll. But Since I am a vegetarian who eats eggs I adapted the recipe and use eggs and any of my dry vegetable curry, Paneer curry etc and fried onion and chillies as toppings.
In this version of Kolkata Kathi rolls I have used egg layer. If you are looking for recipe of vegetarian Kolkata Roll where no egg is used at all, this vegetarian Kathi roll recipe will work good for you.
Making Kathi Roll is basically two steps process First is making Paratha and second is making filling for Kathi roll. Since I make Vegetarian Kathi roll I use any dry veggie curry which I make extra in case I am already planning to make Kathi rolls or use whatever leftover is available.
In this recipe I have used Green chilli paratha base (you can get the recipe here), cooked it with layer of whipped eggs and stuffed with leftover Vada curry a sprinkle of spice and chutney It came out very well.
If you have some fillings ready, leftover stir fried veggies, Dry curries or even masala potato, you can make Kolkata Kathi roll in minutes.
If you cook this recipe of vegetarian Kathi roll interesting, and find it helpful, please do share it on facebook, twitter or pin it on Pinterest this may help others too and keeps me motivated to write more.
- 4 in Laccha Paratha recipe link in recipe notes below
- 1 onion medium Sliced
- 10-12 Bell Peppers Cut into strips
- 4 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- in leftover curry recipe link in recipe notes below
- chaat masala
- 2 tablespoon Ghee/oil for cooking paratha
- To serve!
- Green chutney
- Yogurt dip
- Make paratha as given in link below in recipe notes . Just don’t completely cook it and keep them half done.
- Whip the eggs with salt and red chilli powder.
- Fry the onion with ½ tablespoon of oil and keep them aside
- Now Heat a griddle and place half done paratha on it. Pour ¼ whipped egg over it and cook for 2 minutes. Now flip the partha with egg layer side down and cook till egg is cooked completely.
- Flip again and spread some vada /veggie curry over it as well as some fried onions and bell pepper sprinkle some chat masala powder and wrap it to make Kolkatta Kathi roll.
- Likewise make all the rolls.
- Serve hot with chutney or dip of your choice.