Vegetarian seekh kabab is delicious and healthy Indian Veg kabab recipe. An Indian starter recipe perfect for the party or as a teatime snack.Veg seekh kabab is popular kebab recipe for vegetarians. Normally seekh kabab are made with mincemeat and are soft and succulent in texture. Unlike most veg kabab which are not as soft as regular non-veg seekh kabab, the texture of this seekh kabab is soft and melt in the mouth. The taste is still different from regular non-vegetarian seekh kabab. There are many variety of veg kabab, you can try Chane ke Kabab, Rajma Kabab too.
In this Vegetarian seekh kabab recipe I have used a mix of grated paneer and potatoes along with lots of vegetables and a mix of spices. This makes these kabab soft, succulent and almost melt in the mouth, but these have robust flavors in terms of spice profile. The taste is perfectly suitable for Indian palette, However, if you don’t prefer too much chilli heat you can skip on adding green chili peppers.
Vegetables are pre-cooked in this veg seekh kabab recipe so you don’t need to cook them for too long and these can be made in the oven, air fryer or grilled. I grilled these seekh kababs in a grill pan or tawa on stove top.
Tips for Making Good Vegetarian Kabab
- Make sure your vegetables are pre-cooked and there is very less moisture in them. Because, if you don’t precook the veggies these may still be raw from inside even after grilling.
- Make sure to roast gram flour on slow heat so that it is roasted properly and there is no raw smell. Also, don’t roast it on high heat it may burn.
- When you are grilling them make sure to keep rolling them in between so these are cooked evenly from all the sides.
Vegetarian Seekh Kabab Recipe in Hindi
- 2 Tbsp Gram Flour/besan
- 1 Cup Cabbage grated
- 1 Cup Carrot grated
- 1 Cup Broccoli grated
- 1/4 Cup Beetroot grated
- 1/4 cup Peas shelled boiled)
- 100 Gram Paneer grated
- 150 Gram Potatoes boiled mashed
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- leaves Mint and coriander chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
Heat a pan and dry roast the besan/gram flour for 4-5 minutes on medium low heat and keep it aside.
Now in the same pan saute grated cabbage, broccoli, carrots and take them out in a bowl.
Allow the vegetable mixture to cool down and add grated beetroot, boiled peas, grated paneer, boiled and mashed potatoes along with roasted beasn/gram flour and all spice powders.
Make a tight dough with this mix.
Divide it into 7-8 portions and roll out into shapes of cylinder like seekh kabab (see video)
Heat up a grill pan or regular nonstick pan spread the oil with the help of brush or spoon and cook the kababs while rolling from all the sides and when outer skin starts to crisp up the kababs are ready to serve.
Serve them hot with sides of onion rings, lemon, mint and some green chutney.