Vermicelli mixed veg pulao recipe. Rushed mornings, need for a nutritious breakfast that you can make quickly but no time. Sounds familiar? My 20 Minutes Recipes are perfect for these times. This namkeen Semiya or Vermicelli pulao is gluten-free, vegan and protein-packed breakfast. 2o Minutes is all you need to make this veg pulao.
A North Indian breakfast recipe with nutritious rice vermicelli, veggies and tofu. The vermicelli pulao recipe is another vermicelli recipes variation. From past few weeks, I am sharing these quick 20 Minutes recipes on the blog. Vermicelli or Semiya makes an ideal ingredient for such recipes. You can also try Asian Vermicelli Bowl with Thai flavours or South Indian Vermicelli Upma.
When I am planning my weekly menu, I try to include lots of these easy recipes that can be pre-prepped and stored in the fridge. For this recipe as well chopped veggies are there in the fridge. Already boiled rice vermicelli was in the fridge as well. If you are into meal prep thing this Veg Pulao takes just 10 Minutes or so.
Vermicelli Noodles Veg Pulao Step by Step Video Recipe
How to Make Vermicelli Pulao in 20Minutes
For making 20 Minutes vermicelli recipe totally from scratch I follow this process. Boiling Vermicelli noodles takes 5-6 minutes when Vermicelli is boiling I chop the veggies. And, making rest of the recipe just takes 10 Minutes. So you see! All we need is work out the process in right steps 🙂
After I posted the previous Lemon vermicelli upma which was inspired from lemon rice, many of you asked which vermicelli noodles I have used in the recipe. I have used rice vermicelli noodles in that recipe, as well as this veg pulao recipe. However, if semolina/wheat noodles are what you like both these recipes can be made with wheat vermicelli or Vietnamese vermicelli too. For me, recipes are just a rough sketch, we need to fill the colours of flavours as per our taste.
I have used common vegetables, carrots, peas etc, you can pick your favourite veggies and tofu adds good proteins to make it filling breakfast. Actually why breakfast, it makes a filling and healthy one-pot meal for any time of the day. You can also use paneer or chickpeas if you do not like tofu.
Vermicelli Veg Pulao – Recipe Notes
- Do not over boil the vermicelli as it could turn into a sticky lump.
- Always boil the noodles and vermicelli till it is almost cooked because they will cook again for 2-3 minutes with the veggies.
- Use the required amount of ghee or oil because it prevents the vermicelli from sticking together.
- Also, for the better taste and nutrition ghee is what I prefer for the recipe.
- Do not use garam masala or extra spices as it will make the vermicelli pulao bitter.
- Keep pre-prep veggies in your refrigerator to reduce the recipe time.
Add this recipe to your list of quick food made with a fusion twist. This vermicelli mixed veg pulao can be served with some mint and coriander green chutney or mango pickle. This recipe is a great way to feed your kids with nutritious veggies and tofu. This could be easily packed as travel food or a Lunchbox for kids and office.
More One Pot Meal Recipes
Vermicelli Veg Pulao
- 200 grams vermicelli
- 2 tablespoon ghee/oil
- 800 ml water
- 5-8 pieces of cashews kaju
- 1 teaspoon cumin jeera
- 1 teaspoon green chillies chopped(Hari mirch)
- ¼ cup onions chopped(pyaz)
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- ¼ cup tomatoes chopped ( tamatar)
- 1 carrot finely chopped( gajar)
- ¼ cup tofu diced
- ¼ cup green peas hare matar
- Salt to taste
- A few strands of green coriander chopped( hara dhania)
- In a deep dish pan, bring the water to boil, add salt and put in the rice vermicelli noodles. Let it cook for 5-6 minutes( until almost cooked.)drain it and keep aside.
- Warm some ghee in a medium-sized pan, fry the cashews till light brown, take it out.
- In the same oil, put in some cumin seeds, chopped green chillies and mix.
- When these start to pop, add in the chopped onions and saute till they are light brown.
- Add red chilli powder, salt and chopped tomatoes to it and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Put in the chopped carrots, tofu and peas and let them cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the boiled rice vermicelli and mix well. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the, serve the vermicelli pulao piping hot, garnished with fried cashews and freshly chopped coriander.
If you enjoy my food and recipes, Follow me on Instagram for daily food updates. I keep posting my recipes, tips and kitchen hacks on Twitter. watch the full-length videos on my youtube channel and Do take out a minute to rate the recipe and let me know your feedback.
If you like this recipe feel free to share it on Facebook and WhatsApp and leave us your comments below. We love listening to your feedback! You can Subscribe to Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by saving “mytastycurry” in your contact list and sending Subscribe on 91-8368756817