- 8 Eggs good quality fresh organic eggs taste better
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion medium sized chopped
- 3-4 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 leaves Tbsp Coriander chopped
- 80 g cheddar cheese processed cheese if you don’t have cheddar
Break all the eggs in a bowl and whisk them lightly for 2-3 minutes until slightly frothy.
Add chopped onion, green chili, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt along with coriander leaves and mix everything to make masala omelette batter.
Heat ½ tablespoon of oil and ½ tablespoon of butter in a non-stick pan.
Pour ¼th of masala omelette batter in the pan and cook till light brown spots start to appear on the edges. Loosen the edges with a rubber spatula and flip the omelete.
Cook for 1- 2 minutes on medium heat and flip it again. Sprinkle 20g of cheese on this and gently lift one edge and fold it over.
Masala omelet is ready. Serve it up with toasted bread, crisp paratha or a simple green salad for a wholesome meal.
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 364mg | Sodium: 436mg | Potassium: 208mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1253IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 2mg