- 400 grams watermelon seedless , cut into cubes
- 300 grams English cucumbers firm , cut into cubes
- 50 grams feta cheese cubed
- 20 grams goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons Mint
For Salad Dressing
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt coarsely ground
- ½ teaspoon black pepper Freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves chopped
Cut out rind from watermelon and cut them into 1 inch cubes. Put these watermelon cubes in a large bowl.
Cut cucumbers into similar sized cubes and put them in a large salad bowl.
Chop fresh mint and add that to the bowl with watermelon and cucumbers.
Add feta cheese cut into very small cubes in the same salad bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, lime juice, salt, pepper, sumac, and basil leaves.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Sprinkle crumbled Goat cheese over the salad. Serve chilled
- Seeding watermelon is cumbersome so try and use seedless watermelon.
- Do not cut the watermelon into big chunks. Medium-sized cubes of watermelon are ideal for dressing to work its magic.
- You can skip cucumber or use it if you like that.
- Use chilled watermelon and make it fresh for the best taste.
- Do not let it sit for too long in case you want to make it ahead, pour dressing when you are ready to eat.
- Use best quality ingredients like olive oil etc because USP of these simple recipes is quality of fresh produce.
- I have not used lemon zest in the video but you can add lemon zest in the basil honey vinaigrette to add more refreshing taste.
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 603mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1250IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 1mg