- 800 ml water
- 200 grams rice vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon oil
- A pinch of asafoetida hing
- 1 tablespoon chana dal roasted
- 1 dried red chilli sookhi lal mirch
- 1 teaspoon green chillies chopped
- 5-6 curry leaves
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric haldi
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder lal mirch
- 1 lime
- Salt to taste
- Roasted peanuts and cashews for garnishing.
Boil some water and salt in a deep dish pan. Add the vermicelli when the water comes to boil.
Let it boil for 5-6 minutes, drain and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a pan and fry the cashews until golden brown and keep aside. I
In the same oil, sprinkle a pinch of hing and add the roasted chana dal, chopped green chillies and a few curry leaves. Let it cook for a minute in medium heat.
Break the dried red chilli into two halve and put if in the pan. Add salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and stir well.
Mix in the boiled and drained rice vermicelli and mix well. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Put the heat off and squeeze a lime in this upma.
Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 43mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 162IU | Vitamin C: 40mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg