- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- 150 ml milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ head of cauliflower cut into florets
Bang bang sauce
- 3 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
For making sauce
Mix all the ingredients mentioned under Bang bang sauce like sweet chilli sauce, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil and whisk them to combine.
Pour this whisked mixture into a pan and heat it to bring to a boil. When it starts to thicken switch off the heat and pour this sauce in a serving bowl.
To Make Fried Cauliflower
Cut the cauliflower into small florets and keep aside.
Mix the flour, milk, salt and pepper together in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
In a wok, heat up the oil for deep frying.
Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter, let any excess batter drip off then drop these battered cauliflower pieces into the hot oil.
Maintain the heat from low to medium and fry till all cauliflower pieces are golden brown.
Make the second batch of crispy cauliflower similarly.
Now Serve them immediately. Drizzle the bang bang sauce over the cauliflower or dip them and enjoy them hot.
- This is a vegetarian recipe and no egg is needed to make the batter. But if you want to make it vegan replace the regular milk with the almond milk or oats milk.
- I have battered the cauliflower and then deep-fried it in oil. But if you are watching calories you can make it baked.
- To make Crispy baked cauliflower, make sure to preheat the oven. Bake it at 240C/470F. Keep in the middle rack for 15 minutes and transfer to top rack for next 7-8 minutes for the best result.
- Air fried cauliflower also tastes great, so after dipping it in batter you can Air fry this as well. For Air frying it preheat the air fry first place the battered pieces on a wire rack and air fry on 190C for 12-15 minutes. Make sure it is nice crispy and brown from outside.
Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 944mg | Potassium: 397mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2mg