- 4 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Butter
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- ⅕ teaspoon Red chilli flakes
Break open 4 eggs in a bowl. Season it with salt and red chilli flakes or black pepper as per your taste. Whisk them well.
Some recipes say to whisk them well to aerate them. But in my Personal experience mixing them too much does not work and scrambled eggs fall flat within minutes. So I NEVER over mix. Mix the eggs till the yolk and egg whites are completely combined. Whisk it so that there are separate streaks of whites and yellow to get a uniform golden colour of the cooked eggs.
Cooking the eggs.
The right amount of fat in the pan also helps a lot in texture. I usually like to add a mix of oil and butter because of l like the taste of butter. And butter without oil tends to burn fast.
Slow down the heat to low After pouring eggs move the spatula in the skillet in such a way that pulling the cooked eggs inside in the centre and refolding the edges. This way cooked scrambled eggs collect in the centre of the skillet.
When there are no longer any uncooked eggs in the skillet and the texture of the eggs is slightly runny break the eggs slowly with your spatula. Now switch off the heat and shift the eggs ones or twice so that any surface of the eggs is not in contact of the skillet for too long.
Make sure to turn off the heat when eggs are 85% done. Because they will still keep cooking in the residual heat from the pan or skillet. Never cook eggs till they are fully dry because in a minute or two these will turn rubbery and flat
When eggs are cooked serve them immediately. Perfectly cooked scrambled eggs are moist, fluffy and there should not be any browned or crisp edges.
- Add salt to eggs before cooking. Adding salt in eggs before cooking ensures that the moisture is locked in.
- Never over whisk while whisking, the mixture should be uniformly coloured with no streaks of either yellow or white.
- Take control of the heat. The right amount of heat is a must for cooking perfect eggs. Make sure to use appropriate heat levels at various stages. I have mentioned that in the method above.
- Switch off the heat when eggs are done somewhere between 85%-90%.
- If you are planning at add cheese add the shredded cheese while cooking. I have tried adding it in the egg mix before cooking but concluded that adding it while cooking gives best results.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 333mg | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 121mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 597IU | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg