- 400 g Potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon cilantro /chives optional
- ⅕ cup vegetable oil more may be needed
- Sour cream to serve
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
Using a box grater, grate the potatoes and squeeze them dry using a kitchen towel. Squeeze out as much water as possible.
In a mixing bowl combine these potatoes with chopped onion, flour, seasonings and mix. You can add in a little bit of milk or if you are keeping it vegan any vegan milk is good. You do not need a lot of milk, just a couple of tablespoons is enough.
In a skillet heat oil and with a scoop or measuring cup, I scoop out ¼ cup of the mixture and flatten it uniformly onto the skillet.
At this point, I reduce the heat to a slightly lower side. So the potatoes are cooked inside as well.
After 2 minutes, I increase the heat to make them crisp.
- To drain off excess oil use paper towel and enjoy them fresh off skillet when these are still hot and crisp.
- *The potato pancake absorb more oil than the regular ones but I make them few times per year, so for me that’s okay.
- If you like to Use eggs skip cornflour and almond milk and add one whole egg instead.
Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 823mg | Potassium: 604mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 99IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 5mg