Non-Stick Pan (US)
- 4 cup Fusili Pasta uncooked
- 2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice fresh
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Corn kernels boiled
- 1 cup kidney beans
- 1 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
Cook Spicy Corn and Kidney Beans Mix
Heat a large skillet. Add 1tbsp olive oil and toss together, corn, boiled kidney beans, taco seasoning and saute them for 3-4 minutes.
Switch off the heat and keep this spicy corn and kidney beans mix aside.
Pasta Salad Dressing
In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper and whisk to make dressing for the salad.
Assemble Pasta Salad
Now in a big mixing bowl add in the corn and kidney bean spicy mix and halves of baby tomatoes, cubed cucumbers, cooked pasta.
Fold in the cheese and Pour the salad dressing over everything and toss with salad mixing spoons and mix.
Serve warm, cold or at room temperature.
- Do not overcook your pasta. Cook the pasta as per the instructions given at the back of the packet. The pasta should have a little bite to it/al-dante, otherwise, the salad will become soggy.
- Before mixing the pasta with the ingredients and veggies make sure that pasta is cooled down.
- You can also make the dressing ahead of time. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 427IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 3mg