- 100 g Tomatoes baby , cut in half lengthwise
- 600 g plum tomatoes quartered
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper
- ½ cup onions chopped
- 1 clove garlic , minced ( optional)
- ½ cup basil fresh leaves
- 500 ml vegetable stock
Prepare the tomatoes
Add the tomatoes to baking pan, drizzle with olive oil.season with salt and pepper.
Roast Tomatoes: Put this baking pan in preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes.
Make the soup
In a food processor add onions, roasted tomatoes basil and process to make smooth paste.Heat the same pan in which you cooked onion.
Transfer the onion tomato mixture in this pan and add red chilli flakes, black pepper powder and dried oregano. Add Water or vegetable broth.
- For preparing this tangy and delicious soup I use 2 types of fresh tomatoes. Fresh ripe plum tomatoes which gives it a robust body and a velvety texture. And baby tomatoes to add a right amount of tanginess.
- To thicken the tomato soup I do not use any thickening agent I simply use a good amount of fresh tomatoes and blend them to a creamy consistency.
- For making a smooth and silky soup, it is advised to sieve the blended soup.
- Use fresh basil and add it towards the end of cooking because oils in basil are volatile and sensitive to heat. Excessive cooking may cause loss of flavour of basil.
- Basil with tomatoes in this soup not only adds tonnes of flavours. It is a great source of antioxidants. It is anti-bacterial and provides lot of anti-inflammatory benefits too.
Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 510mg | Potassium: 453mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1882IU | Vitamin C: 26mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg