My blog MyTastyCurry reflects my food philosophy
- Of Cooking Quick and Tasty and nutritious meals that easy to cook with clever meal planning in the fast paced life we are living in Today’s world.
- Quick and Tasty so that you don’t have to compromise on taste even if it is a quick meal that you are looking for. You can churn out a delicious full meal in under 30 minutes is my Motto.
- Easy and Nutritious – 95% of the recipes in this blog are, simple easy and nutritious made with fresh ingredients and made from scratch.
- I believe clever meal planning help you to cut your food budget, the cooking time you spend in the kitchen and still cook delicious meals that you and your family loves.
- Simple, cost effective recipes from Indian cuisine and world cuisine that can be made with locally available ingredients and mostly healthy with some indulgence thrown in for special occasions and cravings. That’s what MyTastyCurry is all about.
I do write on travel stories, which is my second passion besides food photography and cooking food. Besides usual sightseeing travel helps me to better understand local cuisines of the places I am travelling to and taste of the ingredients they use. So in my everyday recipes I often offer the local substitution for those ingredients which sometimes are hard to procure.
Who Am I (Rekha Kakkar)
Having spent most of my life in remote stations of military bases with my husband while he was serving in Indian Air Force, there was plenty of time to learn many new things. A degree in life sciences to begin with, I moved on to study Indian law. My interest in web design and development led me to acquire a qualification in the field and it helped me to satisfy and express my creative side better.
After career span of 5 years of in the mad world of computers, chasing deadlines, and some health complication later, I found myself fascinated towards nutrition. Studying various food and their effect on our various body functions, it was during this time I realised that right nutrition is key to manage many health conditions that come with modern lifestyle. I went on to study sports nutrition and have been on board nutritionist for an Indian national team in the past.
From a How to boil an egg when I got married, to a professional food consulting and developing new recipes for brands professionally I feel I have come a long way.
During my husband’s Air Force career we have been posted to remote stations away from even small cities the good ingredients were hard to come by.
And in those Pre-internet days our only way to socialize was actually getting together and weekend parties. So, using locally available ingredients to substitute and learn to cook was only options. That’s how I learned to cook, and people enjoyed whatever experiments I offered them 🙂
Food and its various aspects of presentations got me hooked and combined with my childhood passion of photography I got initiated into a whole new direction. Food photography and styling started as a passion and that passion turned into a profession.
The Universe has been kind enough to let me pursue my passion of food as a professional Photographer in India. I have photographed and styled for various established brands, cookbooks, magazines, TV shows and also worked as creative consultant for various projects.
I have been also involved in food consultation ( Including kitchen planning and recipe development) projects for food delivery services. (More about these in Work with me Section)
I have also been associated with ongoing popular TV show Zindagi ki Mehak as a Food consultant and appeared in a couple of episodes on screen.
To sum it up all, On My Tasty Curry, you will see budget friendly simple to cook the delicious recipes with make-ahead and meal planning tips so you can churn out tasty meals effortlessly. Hope to see you often in this space.
I just love the power of social Media and love how it connects like-minded people together. If you love it too, I love to connect with people.