Egg butter masala for all of you egg curry lovers. This is one simple egg curry recipe for steamed rice and makes perfect weeknight Indian dinner. If you are in love with Indian egg curry like me, this finger-licking egg recipe is just perfect for you. The best things, it's ready in 30 Minutes.
Egg butter masala is mildly spicy and rich egg curry. Boiled egg masala in smooth vibrant makhani gravy is one of my favourite curry recipes to serve with steamed rice. And, the butter masala gravy with Nan feels like heaven on my plate as well as palate. If you like to try a lighter egg curry recipe you may like to try everyday tariwali egg curry, Also, another slightly rich dhaba style egg curry recipe is Punjabi egg masala curry recipe.
You all know how much I love egg curries, sometimes I think If I start making egg curry recipe every day I can go on at least one and half a month without repeating the recipes. Yes! the humble egg is that versatile. If you love eggs, it is one of my best egg curry recipe which is always a hit with friends and family.
Inspired by paneer butter masala it is perfect for the times when I need something special with ordinary ingredients. The best thing about this egg recipe is you can make this with easily available ingredients in my pantry. And, this is also known as makhani anda curry.
In this north Indian style egg butter masala, I have used freshly made masala of makhani gravy. The gravy base is same as my makhani gravy base. You can make makhani gravy base in advance and use the same in Making makhani paneer, or paneer butter masala, as well as butter chicken. So most of the times I make this makhani sauce during my weekend Meal prep when I plan my weekly Indian meal plans.
All you need is some butter and oil add makhani gravy base, some milk and boiled eggs for a delicious gravy to enjoy with Chapathi, laccha paratha, or with steamed rice just like I do.
You can use hard-boiled eggs or medium boiled eggs in the curry. I have already written about the right method of how to make perfect boiled eggs, How to make Instant pot eggs. Because you need perfectly-boiled eggs even if we are not making this recipe and also because I have few more Boiled egg recipes.
How to Make Egg Curry Masala
Recipe Notes for Egg Butter masala curry recipe
- I skipped adding extra cream in this recipe. To make the makhani gravy richer you can add 2-3 tablespoon of cashew paste or cream after switching off the heat.
- While making any egg curry always slit the eggs so the eggs absorb all flavours of makhani gravy.
- I added dry makhani masala for extra taste. If you do not have that you can skip that.
- Do not brown the masala or overcook the masala. Perfect makhani gravy should neither be overcooked nor undercooked.
Also, if you love egg curry, you can try from my south Indian egg curry recipes as well. Kerala egg curry/Mutta curry , Kerala Mutta Roast, Coconut Egg curry recipe, South Indian style Chopped egg curry
how to make egg butter masala- Dhaba style Anda curry
- 4 Eggs hard boiled
- 1 onion big
- 3 Tomatoes medium size
- 1 inch ginger
- 2-3 green chillies
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- inch Cinnamon ½pc
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon makhani masala
- kasuri methi big pinch
- 2-3 Cream or cashew paste optional
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a pan.
- Now to the butter add roughly chopped onion followed by chopped ginger, sliced green chillies and sauté them for a minute.
- Add chopped capsicum/ bell pepper and chopped tomatoes.
- Cook them for 5-6 minutes on medium slow heat.
- Stir it in between and keep pressing the tomatoes with the back of ladle or spoon in the process.
- Switch off the heat when tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Allow the masala to cool a bit and then blend it into a smooth paste.
- You can strain the masala to remove coarse bits of tomato peels or use it as it is. If you want very smooth gravy strain the masala.
- Now in the same pan heat one tablespoon of oil and one tablespoon butter.
- Add the puréed makhani gravy base in the pan.
- Add salt to taste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cook it for few minutes till masala just about starts to release oil. Be careful not to over cook the gravy base.
- Add makhani masala if you are using it.
- Now add few tablespoons of water to the masala and make slits in the boiled eggs.
- Add the boiled eggs to the makhani gravy and coat them well with the masala.
- Now add 1 cup of water and allow the boiled eggs to simmer In the makhani gravy.
- Finish by adding crushed kasuri methi and cream if you are using.
- Serve it hot with plain rice, naan or paratha.