Mix Veg sabzi or Mili Juli sabzi is delicious and rich Dhaba style sabji/curry to serve with chapati, paratha or Naan. Mix veg recipe is very simple, but it makes for a rich hearty and creamy curry, that is served in roadside restaurants or Dhaba in North India.
Mix Veg is a semi-dry preparation, which has very thick gravy (almost looks like a dry mixed veg sabzi). You can use vegetables as per your choice. But in this recipe of Dhaba style Mix veg, I have used potato, carrots, cauliflower, beans, and paneer.
This mix veg curry recipe is different from homestyle dry mixed vegetable sabzi. In Dry Mixed vegetable sabzi there is no gravy at all, In this mix veg sabzi, there is gravy. Also, this is Mix Veg curry with Paneer. This resembles more to South Indian Mix Veg Kurma but cooked in Punjabi style. It is one of the best-mixed vegetable side dishes to serve with Dal chapati or paratha etc.
The gravy for the Mix veg sabzi or Mili Juli sabzi is made slightly different way than regular gravy and is quite thick. The cream is added to it which makes it rich in taste as well as calories. Some people add cashew paste to make it even richer but I skipped cashew in this sabji recipe.
Raisins are added to the curry to give it a slightly sweet touch. If you like it little lighter in terms of calories from fat, you can skip the cream and gravy will still come out nice. So you can make the Mix veg with cream or without cream. It's entirely your choice. In Authentic Indian Mix Veg curry, both cashew paste and cream are used.
Indian Veg curries are mostly gluten-free and this vegetable sabzi too is suitable for people who have dietary restrictions and eat gluten-free meals. You can serve it with ghee fulka/ roti or paratha with some plain yogurt or maybe some daal on the side for a delicious and healthy Punjabi meal.
If you like to cook another version of Mixed Vegetable Sabzi, You can check this Homestyle Mixed Vegetable sabzi recipe or if you want to cook Dhaba style vegetables Achari Aloo Gobhi , Aloo Gajar Matar and this Dhaba style mix veg recipe will be more suitable for you.
Dhaba style Mix Veg Sabzi in Hindi (Recipe Video)
If you cook this recipe of Dhaba style Mix Veg Sabzi and find it helpful please do share it on facebook, twitter or pin it on Pinterest this may help others who love food too, and it keeps me motivated to write more.
Click a pic and post it with hashtag #MyTastyCurry — I love to see your recipes on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter!
Mix Veg Sabzi Dhaba Style | Restaurant Style Mix Mili Juli Sabzi
- 200 g potato diced
- 100 g cauliflower small florets
- 100 g green beans french beans
- 200 g tomato chopped
- 150 g Onion diced
- 150 g carrot diced
- 100 g green bell pepper diced
- 2 tbsps peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chilli chopped optional
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger juliennes
- 2 - 3 tbsps coriander leaves chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp cream
- 100 g gm green peas
- 100 gm paneer / cottage cheese
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a large pan or kadahi over medium heat.
- Add green chilies and ginger and cook for about a minute.
- Add chopped onions fry for 2-3 minutes and add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook all of these till tomatoes are pulpy.
- Switch off the heat and allow it to cool.
- After it cools down, blend it to a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Now heat another tablespoon of peanut oil. Add cumin seeds, when cumin starts to pop up reduce the heat to minimum. and add chopped mix vegetables one by one.
- Cook everything till 50% cooked and
- Saute them for a minute and add 3-4 tablespoon of water with ground masala paste of onion and tomatoes.
- Now add salt, Kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes check if vegetables are cooked through add cream mix well and serve in a serving dish.
- Sprinkle some chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve mix veg sabzi with fresh paratha or Roti.
Thanks for one marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and definitely will come back from now on. I want to encourage yourself to continue your great posts, have a nice afternoon!
Rajesh N Rathod
Yummy --rustic -- delicious
MIX VEG SABZI DHABA STYLE ! Recipe have their own set of flavor …me this MIX VEG SABZI DHABA STYLE ! Recipe looking nice recipe I will try this thanks for sharing
This was absolutely delicious.