Aloo Gajar Matar recipe without onion and garlic. This is a Punjabi style dry sabzi made with very few spices and new potatoes, fresh peas, and winter red carrots.
This simple sabzi recipe tastes best when cooked in winters because red winter carrots are sweeter in taste and together with fresh peas they taste best. This is one of the easy sabzis to make, you just need a very simple tadka/tempering of tomatoes and garam masala.
It makes a perfect sabzi to serve with freshly made roti, chapati, and paratha. I always make some extra sabzi so that I can use leftover Aloo gajar matar sabzi to make Stuffed Paratha or a sandwich filling to make these Bombay masala Toast.
If you like this Aloo gajar matar sabzi recipe you may want to try other tasty Punjabi dry sabzi recipes like Aloo gobhi achari, Mixed Vegetable sabzi, Aloo Methi, Aloo Palak etc. or some winter special recipes.
If you tried this recipe please let me know how it came out! You can leave your feedback in a comment below and share a picture on Instagram, facebook or twitter with the hashtag #MyTastyCurry. In case you plan to cook it later you can pin it on pinterest.
- 250 g Potatoes
- 200 g carrots red
- 200 g Peas shelled
- 150 g Tomatoes
- 2-3 green chilli chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
- leaves coriander garnish
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped green chilies and chopped ginger.
- Add cumin seeds and cook for a minute till they start to pop a little.
- Now add a pinch of asafoetida/hing and also add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes for 6-7 minutes and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and mix well.
- Now add peeled and cubed potatoes, sliced carrots and shelled peas and add 2-3 tablespoon water if required.
- Cover the pan/kadahi with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes till potatoes are well cooked.
- Keep stirring it in between so that it does not stick to the bottom of pan.
- When potatoes are done sprinkle garam masala and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati paratha or poori.