Aloo Katli Recipe a perfect 20 minutes recipe for the times when you need something super quick. Who does not love aloo ki recipes Aka potato recipes. Serve this aloo katli as a snack, as a vegetarian appetizers or as a side dish of Aloo ki sabji…It’s going to be a win win situation 🙂
This no onion-no garlic potato recipe is solely made with potatoes and spices. Aloo Katli recipe can either be eaten as a potato snack or a potato side-dish aka Aloo ki sabji with paratha . You can make the aloo katli masala in exactly 20 minutes. This too-easy-to-be-true potato recipe is a perfect potato dish for the times when you have sudden guests.
Potatoes are one vegetable that is available in most of our kitchens. Now before someone starts that potatoes are fattening, no they are not. It’s the way we cook potatoes mostly that makes them healthy or unhealthy just like so many other foods. They are literally packed with nutrients are naturally gluten-free and are incredibly filling. I simply love the versatility, I mean you can always add potatoes in any recipe and make a meal or snack out of it.
Whenever I want to make a quick sandwich, I simply add some potatoes in them. We all are potato lovers, aren’t we? Potato is one such vegetable that every kid loves to munch on. Not only kids, potatoes are loved by people of all age group. Potatoes can actually be added in literally any recipe one can think of. Potatoes can either be baked, fried or boiled!
Aloo Katli Recipe Video
At times I am looking for a quick filling snack- I make this easy and savoury Aloo Katli Recipe. Aloo Katliyan/ Potato Slice recipe is a perfect recipe when you want to make something super quick for your kids in the evening or for a lovely starter for your friends.
Okay, coming back to the recipe you need not to be a pro at cooking for making aloo katli. Yes, any beginner can make aloo katli masala easily. If you are a beginner and are looking for something easy to make then Aloo Katli Recipe is your perfect aloo snack recipe.
All you have to do is to first wash potatoes and cut them in pretty round pieces and follow the process. 20 minutes later you will have a delicious crispy golden brown potatoes to serve with favorite green chutney. That’s it and aloo katli is cooked and ready to be gobbled. Most often I serve this as side dish. These potatoes taste incredibly delicious with a bowl of curd and some laccha paratha. Sometimes I even serve them as a substitute for Aloo Tuk along with
It is the time of fall and we all become a little laid-back when it comes to cooking. Aloo Katli is one recipe you will love to make even at the time of winter. In fact aloo katli recipe or potato side dish snack is the perfect recipe for winter. It is a side-dish that is not only easy, delicious but you do not need any extra ingredients for it. Pretty mush everything you need to make this is there in the kitchen.
If you love Aloo Katli, then you will also love my other popular evening snack recipes like Chatpata Masala aloo or Bombay Potatoes, Nepali Aloo Ka Achaar and Masala Til Wale Aloo , Chutney wale Aloo Recipe.
I always have a few tips up my sleeve while making snacks. Aloo Katli Recipe is one of the easy snacks to make even if you feel lazy. This potato side dish is the perfect snack to make even when there is nothing in the kitchen to make.
Tips for Making Best Aloo Katli Even A Beginner Can Cook
- Whenever you are making Aloo Katli Recipe make sure that you wash the potatoes first even after peeling them. This way all the dirt from the potatoes will be washed off.
- When you cut the potatoes in round shape try and keep them thick enough, this will not only help with cooking the potatoes but you will be at ease while making the recipe too.
- Since it is a potato snack you can either deep-fry the potatoes or shallow fry them and eat them as a side-dish as well.
Aloo Katli Recipe
- 400 gms Potatoes
- 2-3 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard/ Rai
- ! teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 6-7 Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 tablespoon Green Chilli Sauce
- Take 400 gms of potatoes and wash them first. After washing the potatoes peel them using a peeler.
- When you have peeled all the potatoes wash them again with fresh water. This way all the dirt present in the potatoes will be washed off.
- After washing them, cut the potatoes into rounds of quarter inch. The size of the potatoes should be around ¼ inch round. While you are giving the potato its shape make sure that the potatoes are thick enough for easy cooking.
- You can either deep fry or shallow fry the potatoes depending on your preference.
- In case you are shallow frying the potatoes like we did, then heat a pan and add 2-3 tablespoon of oil in it.
- When the oil starts to heat, place all the round shaped potatoes in one layer.
- When you have kept all the potatoes in the pan, cover the lid of the pan and allow the potatoes to cook for 3 mins.
- After 3 minutes, take off the lid of the pan and flip the sides of the potatoes to allow them to cook from the other side as well. When both the sides of the potatoes is cooked and both the sides are golden brown in color, then go ahead and turn off the heat.
- After that take off the potatoes from the pan in a plate and keep them aside.
- Steps to Prepare Tempering/ Tadka
- Heat a pan (you can use the leftover oil used for cooking the potatoes and transfer it to this pan.) and add 2 tablespoons of oil in it.
- When you see that the oil starts to smoke add 1 teaspoon mustard or rai, 1 teaspoon cumin, 6-7 curry leaves and salt to taste in it. Stir all the spices well and after a minute add 1 teaspoon red chilli powder and 2 tablespoon of green chilli paste in the mix.
- When you have added all the spices in the pan then take your favorite spatula and mix all the spices well and allow them to saute a minute.
- When all the spices are well sauteed and a delicious aroma of aromatic spices has filled your kitchen then take the fried potatoes and place them in the pan.
- After that coat all the spices on the potatoes in a way that they are mixed properly.
- When you have mixed all the potatoes well take some fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle them in the pan. After mixing the coriander leaves , turn off the heat if the pan. Take out the delicious potato snack in a plate and tada, your Aloo Katli is ready to be served. Enjoy the hot and tangy Aloo Katli with your friends and family.
If you love the recipes, do share it with your friends and family. Also, like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Whatsapp. Pin us on Pinterest, we would love to hear from you do leave your comments below. You can also subscribe to Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by messaging Subscribe on +91-8368756817