Anda keema ghotala or Anda ghotala is a spicy and healthy egg curry recipe that tastes delicious with bread or pav. It is incredibly easy and delicious ready in just 20 to 30 minutes. Eggs cooked up beautifully in aromatic Indian spices, such a simple yet delightful dish! One of my favourite egg recipes ever!
If you know me well, you know my crazy love for eggs. Eggs are incredible in taste and nutrition, a significant source of high quality proteins and minerals. The best part about eggs are that they are so versatile to cook, there are so many varieties of anda curry you can make. Combine them with any ingredients and you get a delicious curry for lunch or dinner. That is the reason I have a good collection of egg recipes on blog. Indian egg recipes, egg recipes for dinner, for breakfast, for snack I think I can eat them in every meal. Still lot more to share… After all This is one of my favourite food.
You must be wondering why is it called Anda ghotala? The word ‘ghotala’ in hindi means ‘gadbad’ or ‘confusion’ in simple English. Originally, egg keema ghotala is the popular in the streets of surat, Gujarat. But equally popular in Mumbai too. I am making Mumbai style egg ghotala for you which is utterly spicy and wholesome but also super rich.
You can make a healthier version as well if you skip topping it with extra chilli oil tadka. But if you are looking for taste, I tell you the best Anda keema recipe is made with extra spicy and smoky chilli tadka. In this Indian recipe the boiled and whole eggs replace the meat and potatoes to give a mushy texture. This is simply best egg curry for any time of the day - breakfast, lunch or dinner... take my word for it!
When I have sudden guests, these are the curries that come to my rescue. Without too much effort you have a gorgeous recipe to save your day. This flavoursome and healthy recipe is even perfect for the days when you are in no mood for elaborate cooking or having an empty fridge day. A superb nutritious lifesaver!
It is called ghotala it does not really look like a boiled egg recipe. It looks more like scrambled egg recipe than boiled. But trust me, there is nothing complex about the dish. This one one of most simple and easy egg recipe ever. Just cook the boiled eggs in Indian masala and finish with cooking raw eggs along with boiled egg keema curry. You have got a great tasting egg recipe for dinner and get-togethers.
It promises you an eggcellent healthful recipe satisfying your taste buds and egg-spectations for sure.
You can check out various eggcellent recipes at “My tasty curry” for a healthy makeover - Shakshouka, Thai omelette recipe, Kolhapuri style egg curry and much more in my egg recipes bucket.
Coming back to Mumbai style Anda keema ghotala, check out its recipe on MTC to make it a favorite in your quick and yummy egg diaries.
Watch Anda Keema Ghotala Recipe Video
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 75 grams chopped onion
- 1 whole green chilli chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder dhaniya powder
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder bhuna jeera
- 120 gram chopped tomato
- 2-3 tablespoon coriander leaves chopped
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 boiled eggs
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute them.
- Add chopped green chilli and grated ginger. Saute them for 3-4 minutes on medium flame till onion becomes translucent.
- Add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder and ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder. Cook them for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes on slow to medium heat for 7-8 minutes till they become soft and mush
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water in the cooked masala. Mix it well.
- Now add 3 boiled eggs in the cooked masala. Mash them with the masher and add 2-3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves. Mix them well.
- Add about ½ cup of water and cook the gravy for 3-4 minutes.
- When the egg gravy starts to boil, add 2 whole eggs by making the depression in the gravy.
- Cover the gravy with a lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- After 3-4 minutes, remove the lid and mix everything together. Take out the prepared Anda Keema in a serving bowl.
- Prepare the tadka for garnishing. Heat 1 tablespoon ghee in tadka pan and add 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder in the ghee.
- Pour the tadka on Anda Keema while serving. Sprinkle some coriander leaves over it and serve it with the bread of your choice.