I am sharing with you today is this fresh and refreshing spring chopped salad. This amazing green chopped salad is an amazing addition to any meal. Pair this green salad with any main dish or add your choice of protein to this salad for a filling meal it tastes great either way.
I don’t know about you but come spring I switch to the fresh and refreshing salad as a main dish in at least one meal. Most of the time paired with toasted bread salads make a meal by itself and a few times I serve light spring green salad with dishes like pasta, pulao, pizza or a leftover sandwich etc.
The Best Spring Chopped Salad
This is a salad that you can enjoy all through the week. I mostly chop all the salad ingredients keep them in separate containers. Depending upon my mood I take out 3-4 components and then make a salad with them.
This crunchy salad tastes tangy and savoury with a sharp mustard punch. After chopping all these ingredients toss them in a creamy homemade Italian vinaigrette for a seriously addictive chopped salad recipe you have ever eaten.
As a vegetarian, I use all vegetarian ingredients in the chopped salad. The only exception is I sometimes add chopped boiled eggs to this salad.
Why We Love This Salad
- It's refreshing and bursting with flavours and texture.
- It is gluten-free, vegan and filling.
- Walnuts and chickpeas add a good amount of protein.
This salad I am sharing is a meatless chopped salad. This version I am sharing today is vegan as well. I have added toasted masala chickpeas and walnuts which add to the protein and good fats to this salad. You could add dairy-free vegan cheese if you want to keep it vegan. If you do not mind adding some dairy add some shaved parmesan cheese or crumbled feta for a sharp salty taste.
In the ingredients section, I am sharing a few more options of veggies that you can add to make it more crunchy and delicious.
Ingredients For Chopped Salad
Veggies for Salad
- Armenian cucumber/Kakdi
- Olive oil
- Rice vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
You can also add celery, shallots, tomatoes, red reddish, onion or bell peppers to make it extra crunchy.
How To Make it?
Chop all the veggies into almost equal sizes. Make a homemade dressing with the above-mentioned ingredients. Toss all the chopped veggies, chickpeas, walnuts with homemade vinaigrette and enjoy refreshing and filling chopped salad that tastes like spring.
Tip To Make Best Salad
Chop all veggies in almost equal size for a good bite.
To make a good salad you need the best homemade creamy dressing. To make creamy dressing use a large enough bowl to allow proper movement of the whisk. Or the easiest and quickest method is to use a mason jar and shake it vigorously.
How To Serve it?
You can turn this chopped salad into the main dish for dinner. You can add hard-boiled eggs, crispy fried tofu, paneer tikka or cooked quinoa for added proteins and make it filling. Or you can serve it with a toasted herby slice of sourdough bread or baguette.
How To Store Leftovers
We usually do not have leftovers and make this fresh because that way you can enjoy the crispy taste of fresh veggies. Kept for a longer time in salty dressing vegetables tend to go limp but nonetheless taste delicious. You can store it in the fridge for 2 days.
Mostly I make double the quantity of veggies and make double the amount of salad dressing. Use half of each to make a salad for one meal and store the rest of the ingredients separately in the fridge. That way we don’t have leftovers and enjoy a freshly made salad every time.
More Such Recipes
- Indian Recipes with Spring Vegetables
- Greek Salad Recipe
- Caesar Salad Recipe
- Quinoa Salad Recipe
- Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
- Thai Cucumber Salad Recipe
Vegetarian Spring Chopped Salad
- 1 cup Cucumber
- 1 cup Armenian cucumber/Kakdi
- ¼ cup Strawberry
- 1 cup Iceberg Lettuce
- ½ cup Chickpeas roasted
- ¼ cup Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Chop cucumbers, Armenian cucumber, strawberries, and lettuce in almost equal size for a good bite.
- For making homemade vinaigrette mix together olive oil, rice vinegar, salt and dijon mustard. Whisk it nicely to make the dressing.
- Place all the chopped veggies in a big serving bowl. Pour the salad dressing and toss well to combine and enjoy.
Tip To Make Best Salad
- Chop all veggies in almost equal size for a good bite.
- To make a good salad you need the best homemade creamy dressing. To make creamy dressing use a large enough bowl to allow proper movement of the whisk. Or the easiest and quickest method is to use a mason jar and shake it vigorously.