Kadai egg Masala recipe is a rich, Delicious & healthy egg capsicum curry. A Perfect North Indian egg curry recipe for the times when you want to make special gravy using simple but one most versatile ingredients eggs.
I love a simple egg curry recipe because how ever you make them, these taste great. The egg curry pairs well with roti, paratha, naan and even as a side to steamed plain rice or flavored rice dishes like jeera rice.
Egg Kadai Masala Recipe - Step by Step Video
This kadai egg masala is one of favorite at my home and inspired from paneer kadai masala. If you love egg recipes in any form like me, this is so quick to make and require lesser ingredients that you can cook it any time. Breakfast, lunch or dinner it is easy recipe to make meal times special.
How to Make Egg Capsicum Curry
Kadai masala is a gravy that is made almost like kadai paneer. I make the gravy of sauteed onion, tomatoes and cook it with basic spices like red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric etc. Then I add capsicum or bell peppers along with boiled eggs in the gravy to make this high protein dish.
Any kadai masala gravy is incomplete without good dash of kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves). In the end, I finish this egg curry recipe with a little bit of cream or malai for the rich and creamy taste.
How To Make Kadai Masala Egg Curry Recipe
Simple Egg Recipes for Dinner
If you love easy and simple egg recipes for dinner, you might like to try these quick, easy and simple egg curry recipes.
- Non-Stick Pan (US)
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Capsicum sliced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 3 Tomatoes puree
- 2 Cardamom ElaichPods / Seeds
- 2 Cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder Haldi
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder Jeera
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- 2 teaspoon Oil
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 2 tablespoon coriander leaves for garnish
- To begin making the Kadai Egg Masala Recipe, First boil and peel the eggs and pierce them with fork. How to boil the eggs link is given above in the recipe.
- Heat a kadai pan with oil, and saute boiled eggs till surface starts to become slightly crispy and light brown. Take them out of pan.
- In the same oil add diced onions, green bell peppers, sauté until the onions and peppers are tender. Drain the veggies, take them out and keep aside.
- Now add cumin seeds in the same oil and when they start to pop, add bay leaf, cardamom and cloves.
- Now add sliced onions, when these turn light pink add spice powders like coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add tomato puree and cook the masala till oil starts to leave masala and masala stops sticking to the sides of pan.
- Now add about a cup of water and bring the gravy to a boil.
- Add onion and capsicum that was previously cooked, fried boiled eggs and finally the crushed kasuri methi.
- Mix everything and cook for 2-3 minutes and finally add cream or malai.
- Cook for another minute and add some sliced ginger juliennes and switch off the heat.
- Add butter, salt, cardamom powder or badi elaichi and and sauté for few more minutes. Cut the egg into half and add the egg pieces and kasuri methi.
- Cover the pan and simmer the kadai Egg for a few minutes on low heat. After a few minutes, turn off the heat. Check the salt and spice levels and adjust to suit your taste. Transfer the Kadai Egg to a serving bowl and serve warm.