Omelette roll recipe inspired from Tamagoyaki, also known as Korean egg roll. We love this quick and healthy high protein breakfast or dinner, snacks. It's one of best dish to pack for lunch box. It is a perfect keto, gluten-free or Low GI diet.
Omelette recipes are my go-to recipes when I am short on time. With the number of egg recipes I have on the website, that's not even a secret anymore :D. But seriously what could be a better option than quick egg recipe for a quick anytime meal. It is simply delicious and loaded with healthful flavours - protein and minerals rich eggs, nutritious veggies, protein and calcium-rich milk. Healthy treat for the egg lovers for sure. The recipe is adapted from Eugenie Kitchen.
Actually cannot say this is Authentic Korean egg rolls recipe, as I did not add spring onion. I did not have it in the pantry and felt lazy to make a grocery trip. Still decided to make the omelette roll recipe anyways. Otherwise, rest of the recipe is same as Korean egg roll.
The recipe is quite simple, but trust me, it still tastes super delicious. When I say super quick it hardly takes 10 minutes. So I am adding it to my quick 20 Minute meal recipes. As usual most of these ingredients are easily available in your kitchens. These quick and easy 20 Minute meals are my saviour. And, if you are in the same boat and have a busy work life, these recipes are a life saver. Try them once! It’s perfect go-to snack when you have sudden guests!
If you plan to go for keto diet, eggs fit perfectly in any ketogenic diet. You can check out more Indian vegetarian keto-friendly recipes on my blog - Low Carb Cauliflower Rice ( Jambalaya), White Bean Salad – Lobia Salad, Bengali Dim Kosha, Kerala Egg Curry.
Watch How to Make Korean Egg Roll
Omelette Roll- Recipe Notes
Coming back to our Korean inspired recipe, note the following key points for deliciously soft egg rolls
- Strain the whisked eggs properly for smooth texture of egg rolls.
- Adding milk to the egg roll mixture will ensure soft egg rolls.
- Use a non-stick cooking pan. It will result in evenly cooked egg rolls.
- Lift the egg roll gently with a spatula, while rolling it.
- Cook the egg roll on low flame.
Omelette Roll - Korean Egg Roll
- 3 eggs beaten/whipped
- 2 tablespoons onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons carrot chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chillies chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Crack 3 eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs until combined. Strain the whisked eggs.
- Add chopped onions and carrot, coriander leaves, red chilli flakes, salt, chopped green chillies and milk in strained whisked eggs.
- Whisk all the ingredients lightly.
- Heat a non stick pan.
- Put few drops of oil in the pan.
- Pour some egg roll mixture in the hot pan. Cook it on low flame.
- Now, half roll the omelette roll with the help of spatula.
- Pour the mixture again on the opposite side of the half rolled egg roll.
- Let the egg roll cook on low flame.
- Repeat the process of rolling it two more time.
- Now, roll the whole Omelette roll when cooked evenly. Place it in a serving plate with the help of spatula.
- Cut the egg roll into pieces and enjoy them hot.
- Savour the rich flavours of keto friendly and korean inspired tamagoyaki (egg rolls) with a glass of healthy smoothie.