Ultimate Baked Omelette Stuffed with vegetables and cheese, this thick oven baked omelette is hearty, healthy and delicious. That it comes packed in a crispy golden toast makes and super quick and delicious makes it almost irresistible.
All in one Baked Omelette in a Toast aka Bread Omelette with an easy twist. It is a wholesome egg casserole dish when you want to have a quick and super easy egg recipe for Breakfast, brunch or snack. And, it makes everyone happy.
This tasty baked omelette toast recipe is perfect when you love omelette but don't always have time to stand by the stove. This oven-baked Omelette is one that I can make in the oven at a moment's notice.
You need only 5 Minutes of active cooking time. Rest is baking time in oven, and you have quick egg breakfast which you can enjoy on the go and also make ahead.
I love eggs for breakfast! Why Only breakfast I can live on eggs for practically every meal. That is the reason that I have egg recipes for brunch, lunch, dinner, snack and so on... You get the gist 🙂
On the serious note, mostly I aim for the balance so I try to include vegetables in every meal that we eat at home. So this veggies baked omelette is also similar. It has a balance of all, vegetables, eggs, cheese. In my dictionary that makes it One of the Best Egg Breakfast dish!
If you are still not sold, In this Baked omelette, I have gone a step further and turned it into Baked omelet in a toast. You save time to toast the bread, no need to cook the vegetables separately and then the omelette. In this everything is packed into one single dish. That’s why I am in love with the Baked Omelette in the Toast.
What’s more, It takes 5 minutes of your active cooking time. So, pop this in the oven and while it’s baking you just go through your morning routine and come back in the kitchen to this incredibly easy, delicious and healthy breakfast casserole.
Casserole? I like to think of it a breakfast casserole. And another good thing about this is since the bread is used as a casserole so do not need another dish so no extra washing worries 😀
Ingredients for Baked Omelette in Bread
- Spices and Seasonings: Salt, Red chilli flakes, parsley
- Vegetables: bell peppers
- Cheddar cheese
- Bread Loaf
Baked Omelette Step by Step Recipe
Pre-heat the oven at 180C.
Crack eggs in a bowl, beat them well. [photo1]
Season the eggs with salt, parsley, and red chili flakes. Whisk the seasoned eggs to combine them well. Keep the bowl aside. [photo2,3]
Take a whole bun Pav bread loaf and flip it. With a knife cut the bottom part of the bread, as shown in the picture. Keep the bottom portion aside. [photo4,5,6]
Using your fingers hollow out the bread. Hollow the bread carefully and make sure there is no hole in the bottom. Keep a thin layer of bread in the bottom. [photo1]
Carefully pour the seasoned egg on the bread. Top it with green and red bell peppers, and grated cheddar cheese. [photo2, 3,4,5]
Cover the bread with aluminum foil and bake it for 20-22 minutes till the top gets golden brown. [photo6]
To follow all steps correctly and make dish like I did, I suggest to watch video recipe given below.
Meal Prep For Oven Baked Omelette
- You can chop and keep vegetables, grate the cheese in the previous night and keep them the in the fridge.
- You can even whisk the eggs and keep them the in the fridge, so next morning all you have to do is just add the seasoning.
Make Ahead Egg Breakfast
- If you are a weekend cook this omelette freezes beautifully, so all you need to do is cut them into pieces and freeze.
- When you are ready to eat just take out one portion, pop them the in the oven and you have an incredibly tasty and healthy breakfast.
Recipe Notes: Baked Omelette Variations
- The bread I have used is Pav bread we get in India, you can use any bread of your choice. A big loaf hollowed out, A bun or bagel all works fine.
- You can change the vegetables as per your liking. Make sure to pick quick cooking ones. Onion, peas, zucchini, mushrooms all work.
- You can add breakfast meat of your choice if you wish to.
- You can make individual servings of the by baking it in smaller bread.
- It can be made in both, microwave oven with convection feature and regular oven.
How to Serve Baked Omelette
This All in one Baked omelette toast is just not for the breakfast. You can serve it as a snack, pair it with a good salad and you have a delicious lunch or dinner.
More Such Omelette Recipes
If you love omelette recipes as much as I do, you may like to try some of my favourite omelette recipes.
Bread Omelette Sandwich,
The original post was published on 13th Feb 2018. Recipe remains same post updated with new info and details.
Ultimate Baked Omelette In The Toast
- 6 Eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli flakes you can adjust as per taste
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried if using fresh double it
- 1 cup bell peppers chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 Pav Bread or 6 small breads like buns or small bagels
- Preheat the oven at180C.
- Start by whipping the eggs in a bowl.
- Season it with salt, red chilli flakes and parsley.
- Whisk to combine well.
- Hollow out the bread as shown in the video recipe. Make sure to leave a think layer without making a hole in the cover.
- This is important otherwise the egg may get spilled outside.
- Now transfer the bread onto an aluminum foil.
- Now pour the egg, top it with bell peppers and grated cheese.
- Immediately transfer the bun in the oven (otherwise too much egg gets absorbed into bun and makes it soggy)
- If that happens add one more whipped egg to top it and some more cheese.
- Cover it with aluminum foil (this all prevent the toast from burning)
- Bake the dish for 20-22 minutes till the top gets golden brown.
- It’s ready to serve.