Stuffed Spinach Paratha, also known as Palak Paratha, is a delightful and nutritious Indian bread filled with the goodness of fresh spinach. Perfectly spiced and packed with flavor, this versatile dish can be enjoyed at any mealtime.
This easy-to-make recipe is packed with nutrients and flavor, making it an excellent addition to your everyday diet. In this blog post, I am sharing the tips for making the best stuffed paratha, and answer some commonly asked questions.
- Why Should You Make Stuffed Spinach Paratha?
- Ingredients for Stuffed Spinach Paratha:
- Tips for Making the Best Stuffed Spinach Paratha:
- Is Stuffed Spinach Paratha Healthy?
- Storing and Reheating Leftover Spinach Parathas:
- Serving Suggestions and Packing for Lunch:
- Is Stuffed Spinach Paratha Diabetic Friendly?
- Can You Make Stuffed Spinach Paratha in Advance?
- More Such Recipes
- Watch Video
- 📖 Recipe
Why Should You Make Stuffed Spinach Paratha?
Stuffed Spinach Paratha is a nutritious and tasty alternative to regular flatbreads. It's made with whole wheat flour and filled with a flavorful spinach mixture, providing a wholesome and balanced meal option. This vegan spinach paratha is suitable for people following various dietary preferences and offers several health benefits.
Ingredients for Stuffed Spinach Paratha:
- Spinach: Fresh, washed, and finely chopped
- Ginger: Grated or finely minced
- Green chillies: Finely chopped, adjust to taste
- Salt: To taste
- Red chilli flakes: Optional, for added spice
- Ajwain (carom seeds): For added flavor and digestion aid
- Whole wheat flour: For a healthier, high-fiber base
- Water: To prepare the dough
- Oil or ghee: For cooking the parathas
Tips for Making the Best Stuffed Spinach Paratha:
- Use fresh spinach for the best taste and nutrition.
- Remove excess moisture from the spinach by gently squeezing it after washing.
- Knead the dough until it's smooth and elastic, which will help create soft parathas.
- Rest the dough for at least 20 minutes to make it easier to roll out.
- Cook the parathas on medium heat to ensure even cooking without burning.
Is Stuffed Spinach Paratha Healthy?
Yes, Spinach Paratha is a healthy choice due to its nutrient-rich ingredients. Here are three major health benefits of including spinach in your everyday diet:
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Spinach is a good source of vitamins A, C, and K, as well as minerals like iron and calcium.
- High in antioxidants: Spinach contains antioxidants that help fight inflammation and protect your cells from damage.
- Aids digestion: The fiber content in spinach and whole wheat flour promotes healthy digestion and prevents constipation.
Storing and Reheating Leftover Spinach Parathas:
To store leftover parathas, wrap them in aluminum foil or place them in an airtight container. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. To reheat, warm the parathas in a pan on low heat or in a preheated oven at 300°F (150°C) for a few minutes.
Serving Suggestions and Packing for Lunch:
Serve Spinach Paratha with yogurt, raita, pickle, or a side of your favorite curry. To pack it in a lunchbox, wrap the parathas in foil or parchment paper to keep them fresh and soft.
Is Stuffed Spinach Paratha Diabetic Friendly?
Yes, Stuffed Spinach Paratha can be a diabetic-friendly option when made with whole wheat flour, which has a lower glycemic index compared to refined flour. Additionally, the fiber content in spinach and whole wheat flour helps regulate blood sugar levels.
Can You Make Stuffed Spinach Paratha in Advance?
Yes, you can prepare the spinach stuffing and dough a day in advance. Store them separately in the refrigerator, and roll out and cook the parathas when
you're ready to serve them. You can also make the parathas ahead of time and reheat them before serving, as mentioned earlier in the storing and reheating section.
More Such Recipes
If You like this recipe and made it Please rate the recipe. It helps us to reach more people. You can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest for more food inspirations.
Palak Paratha Recipe | Spinach Paratha
- 2 cups whole wheat flour plus extra for dusting
- Water as needed for the dough
- 1 tablespoon ghee plus extra for cooking
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 3 cups spinach finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1- inch ginger grated or minced
- ½ teaspoon red chilli flakes optional
- ½ teaspoon ajwain carom seeds
Prepare the dough
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, ½ teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee. Gradually add water and knead until a smooth, elastic dough forms. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
Prepare the spinach filling
- In a separate bowl, mix the finely chopped spinach, green chillies, ginger, red chilli flakes (if using), ajwain, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
Stuff and roll the parathas:
- Divide the dough: After the dough has rested, divide it into equal-sized balls (about the size of a golf ball).
- Dust your working surface with some flour. Take a dough ball and flatten it slightly with your fingers. Place a spoonful of the spinach mixture in the center of the flattened dough.
- Carefully gather the edges of the dough around the filling and pinch them together to seal.
- Flatten the stuffed dough ball slightly and then roll it out gently with a rolling pin, dusting with flour as needed, until it reaches a thickness of about ⅛-inch (3 mm).
Cook the parathas:
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Place the rolled-out paratha on the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until small bubbles form on the surface.
- Flip the paratha and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the other side. Apply a little oil or ghee on both sides of the paratha and cook until golden brown spots appear.
- Transfer the cooked paratha to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep it warm. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling. Serve the Stuffed Spinach Parathas hot with yogurt, raita, pickle, or your favorite curry.
Serve and enjoy:
- Enjoy this nutritious and delicious Stuffed Spinach Paratha for a wholesome meal that's perfect for any time of the day!
Leave me your feedback here please