Tomato and pasta soup is simple and hearty soup recipe made with pasta and veggies in a tomato-based soup. It makes a comforting soup bowl so good for winter dinners or a comfort meal during monsoon.
Winters are the perfect time to indulge in a healthy and hearty bowl of soup . Since we have very short winters in Delhi and we love soup I tend to make soup for dinner and make most of the winters. Tomato Pasta soup or pasta e Fagioli is classic Italian soup which is a 30 Minutes recipe.
Pasta soup is quite filling for a dinner. You can serve the soup on its own or serve it with a side of toasted bread, grilled cheese or simple eggs cooked as per your choice. For us, these types of soup meals are best comfort food. The best thing about this tomato pasta soup is, it is a simple one-pot meal which tastes absolutely delicious. If you like soups then you must check out these 5 homemade healthy soups for winters.
Which Pasta to Use in Pasta Soup
In Pasta tomato soup or Pasta e Fagioli, mostly small pasta shapes are preferred. But you can use any of medium shape pasta like rigatoni, small shells, penne, tube pasta too. I used a bead-shaped pasta I picked up during my trip to Italy. This is called Acini di pepe, which is an Italian term for "peppercorns”. They look like small beads, you can use it for making soups or add it to salads.
How You can Make Tomato Pasta Soup Better
- You can always experiment with herbs. Since herb used significantly change the flavor of the soup. Instead of using basil as I have used in this recipe you can use, oregano, thyme if you like earthy flavor or sage for stronger flavor.
- If you like intense tomato flavor you must use tomato paste which gives it beautiful red color and add great taste of tomatoes.
- Never forget to the drizzle the tomato pasta soup with extra virgin olive oil or butter if you don’t like too much olive oil.
After I got my instant pot, I can’t stop using it for any recipe which I regularly make. The cooking because so much less messy and with so many functions available you can use a combination of them to whip up delicious curries and soups. This Quinoa minestrone soup is another of my favorite.
If you are on the lookout for great one-pot meal soup, this tomato and pasta soup fits the bill. Loaded with vegetables and pasta, it is one of most hearty pasta soup recipe ever. Now if I could make you crave this hearty pasta soup meal. Let's check the Tomato pasta Soup recipe.
If you tried this recipe please let me know how it came out! You can share a picture on Instagram, facebook or twitter with the hashtag #MyTastyCurry. In case you plan to cook it later you can pin it on pinterest.
- 400 g tomato chopped
- 75 g onion chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon basil leaves chopped
- 4 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 100 g mushroom finely chopped
- 100 g Bell Peppers finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp butter/olive oil
- 100 g pasta I used Acini di pepe
- 2 Tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoon Red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a deep pan.
- Add chopped onions and cook till they are softened for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes on slow heat.
- After that remove the lid and keep mashing the tomatoes from the back of soup ladle till it is well mashed. Add 2-3 tablespoon of water if required.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add finely chopped capsicum, mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- When vegetables are soft add vegetable stock and pasta.
- Also add seasonings, red chilli flakes, black pepper, mixed herbs, chopped basil and salt to taste.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes till pasta is cooked al dente and soup is thickened.
- Now serve it hot with some more sprinkle of herbs, chopped basil and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.