Bread roll are crispy and tasty snack, with a spicy potato filling. It’s quick, filling and tasty snack if like me you always have some leftover potatoes.
Why just potatoes you can use variety of stuffings in sandwich bread to make this delicious bread roll recipe. The preparation is quite simple and you need basic stuff to make this delicious snack.
In this post I am sharing three methods of making bread rolls and various stuffing ideas to make this delicious and tasty snack. As always I have made it my own twist with spicy paneer and mix veggie stuffing.
Bread rolls are one of most popular snack recipe with bread slices. Spiced and mashed potatoes and paneer stuffing is stuffed in bread and then it is either deep fried, baked or Air fried to a crispy golden perfection. It makes a perfect teatime snack or party appetisers if made in bite size pieces.
We all love bread snacks or aloo snack. I think there are countless variation of snack recipes that are made in Indian households using these two ingredients, leftover bread slices and aloo. I make many variations of stuffing for bread rolls. Spiced and mashed potatoes, Paneer bhurji filling and my latest obsession is this Piri peri spiced Rajma/kidney beans and paneer stuffing.
You can use any left over dry sabji filling for making it quickly and as I said most of the times we all have some leftover sandwich bread. This is a great tasty snack to use up leftovers. Kids love this deep fried snack, but to make it a healthier snack or quick breakfast you can make Air fried Bread rolls.
You can make them with even with same Aloo paratha stuffing. But There are so many variations you can use really. I am going to share few of the variations here.
So Basically, these stuffed bread rolls are easy to make recipe. You can make it ahead and freeze it. Serve it as breakfast, evening teatime snack, party appetiser or Kid’s lunch box. It is perfect any which way. This can be Deep fried, baked, or Air fired. There are so many filling/stuffing variation options that every time you make it you will end up with different tasting bread snack. So, lets straight away dive into all about this tasty bread roll recipe.
Bread Roll Recipe Ingredients
As I said before I use a variety of stuffings, so ingredients keep changing. But most popular variation is Aloo bread roll. Most of the times we all have boiled potatoes, sandwich bread and few basic spices in our kitchens. We need basic stuff like ginger, coriander, garam masala, coriander powder and anardana to make tangy and spicy filling. Other than these you can add vegetables like corn, peas and paneer to basic aloo stuffing to make it tastier.
Bread Roll Stuffing Variations
- Potato, and mixed vegetables ( peas, carrots, corn etc) Plus I like to add some grated cheese for extra taste for the vegetarian recipe.
- You can make paneer bread roll with paneer stuffing, I have used a fusion filling to make the Piri Piri spiced paneer bread rolls
- To make them vegan, use Tofu and mushroom stuffing that tastes amazing too.
To Make Ahead and Freeze Bread Roll in Freezer
Like so many bread snacks, you can make them and store in freezer for at least 4-6 weeks. These make best freezer snacks that you can make at home. You can make bread rolls and store them in ziplock pack. When you want a quick snack, just take them out Air fry or deep fry just like regular frozen snacks you buy from market.
To Bake Bread Roll in Oven
To make it in oven, pre heat the oven at 180C for 5 Minutes, then arrange bread rolls in the middle rack of the oven. Brush them or spray them with oil. Bake them for about 10-12 minutes on convection mode. Baking time may vary as per your oven power and capacity.
How To Make Bread Roll Recipe In An Air Fryer?
To make in Air fryer, Pre heat your Air fryer and then arrange bread roll in air fryer basket. Now either spray them with Oil ( like step by step video I have shown) or brush with oil. Air fry them for 10-12 minutes on 200C. Flip them once for even cooking on all sides.
Bread Roll Recipe with Step by Step Instruction Video
Bread Roll Recipe
- Non-Stick Pan (US)
- 6 Bread slice
- 200 grams Potatoes boiled and mashed
- 3 tablespoon corn
- 3 tablespoon peas
- 50 grams paneer
- 70 grams Cheese
- 2-3 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger chopped
- 1.5 teaspoon coriander powder
- 4 tablespoon coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Anardana crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 3 tablespoon Oil For Frying Bread rolls
To make stuffing for bread roll
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add chopped ginger, cook it for a minute.
- Then, add chopped coriander and green chillies and fry. Add 4-5 tablespoon water.
- Now add boiled potatoes, boiled corn, frozen peas and finely chopped paneer.
- Also add coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and anardana.
- Mix everything well and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Take off from heat and allow to cool. Then mix grated cheese and stuffing for roll is ready.
how to make bread roll
- Now, take one bread slice and cut off the corners.
- With a rolling pin apply gentle pressure to roll the bread slice to make a thin covering as shown in steps in video.
- Now place the prepared stuffing in the centre.
- Carefully lift the edge from one side and roll it. To seal the edge, apply water and seal it firmly by pressing with your fingers.
- Repeat the same process with all bread slices till filling is used up.
To fry aloo bread rolls or Air fry
- Heat oil in a deep pan for deep frying. Once it is hot enough gently slide rolls and fry them till golden brown from all sides.
- To Air fry, pre heat air fryer and spray or brush the rolls with little bit of oil. Air fry them for 10-12 minutes on 200C.
- Serve them hot with hot sauce, ketchup or chutney.