Quick and easy Mushroom pasta recipe in 30 Minutes is perfect for busy weeknight dinner! The creamy velvety white sauce with buttery mushrooms cooked in proper Italian way makes this mushroom pasta a perfect comfort food.
This creamy white sauce mushroom pasta is a feast on its own. The pan-fried mushrooms wrapped around the pieces of silken linguine pasta, coated with milky, cheesy sauce with a drizzle of fresh herbs …OMG, that tastes you straight up to the Pasta heaven!
It is an indulging flavor which is utterly pleasing to the palate. The pasta bowl is a wholesome meal on its own, if you have a hearty appetite like certain Boy here has, pair the pasta with toasted garlic bread or soft boiled eggs.
I personally am a big fan of ‘less ingredient great taste’ recipes and The Italian’ cuisine. Italian and Indian flavors are like first cousins. The best part is, everything that goes into mushroom pasta is easily available even in small towns.
So, if you have not tried out this before, because an overwhelmingly long list of ingredients, try this pasta recipe with mushrooms. You will be surprised why you haven’t tried it earlier.
It is super easy to make, flavourful and creamy you can prepare it in 20 minutes! This will be your best 20 minutes on any pasta dish. Hardly a time you can't afford to spend for a satisfying meal like this, right!
I generally buy fresh mushroom from the market but the dried ones are equally good. You can easily get the button mushroom from nearby superstore.
Why only button mushrooms the other day I spotted oyster mushrooms and fresh portobello mushrooms which I used in making a stir fry to go with fried rice and portobello burgers.
The mushroom can be the star ingredient in dishes like Za’atar spiced Mushrooms, mushroom pizza, lasagna, fried mushroom on a toast and many more.
In this recipe, I added a pinch of mustard powder to make the sauce for pasta! The amalgamation of mustard with Cheddar and Parmesan cheese is “Oh my!” amazing.
I used linguini pasta to make this pasta recipe, you can use your favorites. Spaghetti, tortellini or butterfly all work great with mushrooms and white pasta sauce.
How to Make Perfect Pasta with Mushroom
- To check if the pasta is perfectly boiled, fish out a strand of pasta and take a bite. The pasta should be slightly chewy. If you overcook it might lead to a mushy mess.
- Do not do a cold water rinse to the boiled pasta as it takes away the starchiness which helps stick the sauce with it.
- Add some oil/butter to the boiled pasta to avoid them sticking together.
- When I saute the mushrooms, I put some olive oil along with butter. This way the butter does not burn plus the mushrooms tend to soak olive oil lesser than butter.
Other Pasta Recipes you May Like
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white flour maida
- 350 ml milk
- 250 grams Linguine pasta
- 100 grams Cheddar Cheese
- 25 grams Parmesan Cheese
- 100 grams mushroom
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- A few basil leaves
- Boil the pasta in a boiling pan with a pinch of salt. See the instructions on the packet for perfect timing. Drain and keep aside.
- Put a pan on medium heat and add some butter. When the butter starts to bubble up put the mushrooms in it. Saute them, and make sure you see a bit of liquid in the pan. If the mushrooms have soaked up the butter you can add some oil/butter in it.
- Now add the white flour (maida), stir until the flour taste fades away (about 1 minute.)
- Slowly pour in the milk and stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- Let the sauce cook for 3-4 minutes in medium heat, until it is thick. Then add salt, pepper, dried parsley and mustard powder. Stir well.
- Lastly, grate the parmesan and cheddar in the sauce and add the boiled pasta.
- Give it a good toss, heat off.
- Serve hot and enjoy this slurpy dish with an accompaniment of your choice.
Leave me your feedback here please