These air fryer potato chip are a perfect guilt-free snack you can make in Air fryer. Using minimal oil, these chips offer the crunch and flavor you crave, minus the unhealthy aspects of traditional frying. Let's dive into how you can whip up these crispy chips in Air fryer.
There's something undeniably addictive about potato chips – that perfect blend of crunch, salt, and savory satisfaction.
One of the best things about this recipe is its health aspect. Air frying uses significantly less oil than traditional deep frying, making these chips a guilt-free snack. Plus, you’re in control of the ingredients – no preservatives or artificial flavors here!
Ingredients You'll Need
- Potatoes (2 large)
- Olive oil (2 tablespoons)
- Salt (to taste)
- Optional: your favorite seasonings (paprika, garlic powder, etc.)
1. Prep Your Potatoes
Start by washing and peeling your potatoes. Then, using a mandoline slicer or a sharp knife, slice them as thinly as possible. This is key for that perfect chip crunch.
2. Soak the Slices
Soak the potato slices in cold water for at least 30 minutes. This step removes excess starch, ensuring your chips will be extra crispy.
3. Season and Oil
Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a towel. Toss them in a bowl with olive oil and your choice of seasonings. Remember, a little goes a long way!
4. Air Fry to Perfection
Arrange the potato slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Don’t overcrowd – you might need to work in batches. Set your air fryer to 360°F (180°C) and cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until they're golden brown and crispy. Shake the basket halfway through cooking for even crispiness.
5. Finishing Touches
Once done, sprinkle the chips with a bit more salt or any additional seasonings you like. Let them cool for a few minutes to achieve the ultimate crunch.
Tips for the Perfect Chip
- Thickness Consistency: Use a mandoline slicer for evenly thin slices, which ensures uniform cooking.
- Flavor Variations: Feel free to explore with different seasonings. Try a mix of smoked paprika and garlic powder for a BBQ flavor, or a sprinkle of vinegar powder for salt and vinegar chips.
- Keep Them Crispy: Store any leftovers in an airtight container to maintain their crunch.
- Batch Cooking: If making a large batch, keep cooked chips in a warm oven to maintain crispiness while you cook the rest.
More Such Recipes
- Air Fryer Rice Paper Chips
- How to Boil Eggs in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Veggie Nuggets
- Surprising Air Fryer Hacks
- Air Fryer Methi Pakoda
- Baked Samosa Recipe
Homemade Air Fryer Instant Potato Chips Recipe
- 2 large Russet potatoes or any other variety good for frying
- 2 teaspoon of olive oil or avocado oil
- Salt to taste
- Optional seasonings: paprika garlic powder, onion powder, dried herbs, cayenne pepper, vinegar powder, or other preferred flavors
Prepare the Potatoes:
- Wash and peel the potatoes.
- Use a mandoline slicer to cut the potatoes into very thin, even slices. Aim for a thickness of about 1-2 millimeters for the best texture.
Soak the Slices:
- Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl of cold water. Ensure they are fully submerged.
- Soak for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight. This step is crucial to remove excess starch, which helps in achieving a crispier chip.
Season and Oil:
- Drain the water and pat the potato slices dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Transfer the slices to a dry mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the potato slices.
- Add salt and any other desired seasonings. Toss gently to ensure each slice is evenly coated.
Cook in the Air Fryer:
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F (180°C).
- Place the potato slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overlapping to ensure even cooking.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes. Halfway through, shake the basket or use tongs to flip the slices for even browning.
- The chips are done when they are golden brown and crispy.
Finish and Serve:
- Transfer the cooked chips to a cooling rack.
- While still hot, sprinkle with a bit more salt or additional seasonings.
- Let them cool to room temperature to become even crispier.
- Serve and enjoy your homemade potato chips!
Notes Thickness: Ensure all slices are of uniform thickness for even cooking.
Flavor Variations: Feel free to experiment with different seasonings for variety.
Batch Cooking: If your air fryer is small, cook the chips in batches to avoid overcrowding.
Enjoy your homemade Air Fryer Instant Potato Chips, a healthier and delicious snack perfect for any occasion!