Low carb Cauliflower rice jambalaya recipe is full of flavours. A creole style cauliflower recipe cooked with lots of vegetables and protein-rich beans and spices. Low carb cauliflower rice recipe that is vegan, paleo, Keto, gluten-free ready in 20 Minutes, and tastes awesome.
If you follow me on Instagram, you already know how much I love rice. But when you decide to go on a low carb diet, the first thing you need to cut back on is rice, which I know is difficult for rice lovers.
For the past few weeks, I am trying to substitute the regular rice with cauliflower rice in most of my recipes. And, I am happy to report that most of these cauliflower rice recipes are totally here to stay. You must also try another favourite Cauliflower rice recipe... Cauliflower fried rice. Yayyy! that means winning on taste and flavour and still keeping up with low carb, low GI, and almost Keto diet.
Why We Are Loving This Recipe
In January my weight is down and my energy levels are up. I did not go full-on with a Ketogenic diet but mostly kept it towards Low GI. But since the last few days, I am trying to go low carb and largely have been successful. This is big for me as I have attended quite a few weddings and parties, where I ate regular food but still balanced it on other days.
At home, I mostly cooked Keto recipes for myself and mostly healthy for the family. So, do not worry if you are not into low carb recipes, you will keep getting the regular recipes on the blog.
Coming back to Low Carb Cauliflower rice Jambalaya, it is very healthy and low in calories too. It's basically one pan, ready in less than 20 Minutes meal recipe. It is also a very flexible recipe, you can add veggies of your choice. You can buy riced cauliflower from the grocery store. If you are in India You can see how to make Cauliflower rice without the food processor.
Ingredients You Need
- Olive oil: Use a good Quality olive oil or any other vegetable oil. I follow a gut healthy diet so I use extra virgin olive oil .
- Cauliflower rice: you can use store bought cauli rice or make homemade cauliflower rice by using this method.
- Aromatics: Onion, garlic paste
- Herbs & Spices: red chilli powder or cayenne pepper, oregano, parsley, Jalapeno chilli, coriander/cilantro leaves
- Veggies: Tomatoes, bellpepper
- Red kidney beans
- Salt to taste
Different Variations of Cauliflower rice Jambalaya
To add proteins to the Cauliflower rice Jambalaya I used kidney beans, you can use tofu, seitan or any other beans like black beans. If you do not particularly want it vegan, you can add Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) as well.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cauliflower cheese soup
- Cauliflower Fritters
- Bang Bang Sauce Cauliflower
- Cauliflower Paratha (Stuffed Bread)
- Aloo Gobhi (Potato and Cauliflower Curry)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 800 g Cauliflower rice Link in recipe notes
- 100 g chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste optional
- 2 cup red kidney beans
- 100 g bell pepper /capsicum chopped
- 100 g tomato seed removed and chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chilli minced
- 1 jalapeno chilli sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli pepper cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano dried
- Salt to taste
- leaves coriander chopped
- In a large saute pan heat up the oil , add garlic paste if you are using.
- Now add chopped onion to the pan and sauce for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add chopped bell peppers, and tomatoes. Sauce for 2 more minutes and add minced jalapeño, parsley, oregano, cayenne pepper/red chilli powder and stir it all.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan and cook for about 8-10 minutes on medium heat.
- Keep stirring once or twice to prevent burning and sticking to the bottom.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with sliced jalapeño and chopped coriander and serve.