Homemade creamy macaroni salad without mayonnaise. Crisp and fresh chunks of fruits in this cheese sauce dressing macaroni salad is quick to make and perfect for any picnic, potluck or barbecue. I have made it using an instant pasta packet. This pasta salad is a perfect summertime treat.
This Homemade Macaroni Salad is made by tossing macaroni with colourful fresh fruits and served in a rich and creamy dressing. A simple hearty salad that is not fancy at all, comforting to the core. Enjoy this chilled on a hot summer day during the summertime.
Macaroni salad is perfect for the days when you want a refreshing tasty side dish super quick. My version is not classic but it sure is bursting with a lot of fresh flavours. The dressing I use for this macaroni salad is not a conventional one. I use the cheese sauce that comes with the pack of instant pasta.
For making this recipe I use Cheese pasta from the yippee brand. You can use any instant pasta that comes with a separate pack of cheese sauce. If you want you can make pasta salad with mayonnaise or you can make it without mayo.
Macaroni Salad Ingredients
You can make a classic macaroni salad with mayonnaise dressing. Or you can combine mayo and greek yogurt that makes it healthier than regular.
You can make macaroni salad in two ways. Classic Macaroni salad with mayonnaise and one quick version of pasta salad with instant pasta pack. Both taste super refreshing and delicious.
You will need these ingredients for making this pasta recipe. I am also listing a few substitutes for these ingredients.
Ingredients for Salad Dressing
Mayonnaise: good quality mayonnaise is crucial for the macaroni recipe.
If you want to make a healthier version of macaroni salad you can substitute mayonnaise with yogurt or sour cream.
Dijon Mustard: Best pasta salads recipes have the right amount of dijon mustard which adds to the perfect taste.
Salt & freshly cracked pepper.
Macaroni: To make macaroni salad you need good quality macaroni pasta. Dry ditalini or any other medium pasta works fine too.
Fruits: I added small cut apples, pineapple, grapes etc. You can add other fruits of your choice. Or you can make it without fruits and add chopped or sliced vegetables like carrots, celery, capsicum etc. Fresh parsley or any herbs like basil etc taste great too.
How to Make Macaroni Salad?
Cook Pasta: Heat water in a big pan. Add salt to the boiling water, cook pasta al dente as per package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
Make Salad Dressing: In a mixing bowl mix together mayonnaise, mustard, honey, salt and pepper to taste.
Making Salad: Add well-drained pasta, bell peppers, carrots, celery, green onions etc in a big bowl. Add prepared salad dressing on top of salad ingredients. Toss with dressing on top of the salad, chopped parsley toss them nicely.
What to serve with macaroni Salad?
I simply love pasta recipe as a side dish with
- Egg cheese Sandwiches
- Vegetarian grilled paneer
- Keto Egg Salad Wraps
You can store pasta in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days. Frozen macaroni salad does not hold its texture after thawing so I do not advise freezing this salad.
More Such Recipes To Try
Pasta Soup Recipe with Instant Pasta
Macaroni Salad Recipe
- Non-Stick Pan (US)
- 2 Instant Pasta Pack 2cup pasta
- 2 Pasta tastemaker
- ⅓ apple Apple
- ½ cup grapes
- ½ cup pineapple
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves chopped
- I am using this sunfeast yippee cheese treat to make this pasta dish. This comes with this cheese tastemaker which I am going to keep aside for now.
- To make this first Heat one and quarter cup of water.
- Next add in the pasta in hot water as well as the tastemaker. Mix everything together
- Now you need to cook both of these for 4-5 minutes till pasta and the sauce is of this consistency.
- You can eat this delicious pasta bowl as is.But I am going to make a fruity pasta salad with this.
Making Macaroni Salad
- For making pasta salad first allow this pasta to cool down and then transfer it in a salad bowl.
- Now add fruits of your choice I am adding chopped apples, pineapples, sliced grapes.
- Toss them together gently and finally and sprinkle chopped herbs like mint basil or coriander whichever is available.
- Finish with a generous sprinkle of black pepper and enjoy this cheesy fruity pasta salad or macaroni salad.