Egg cheese sandwich is a one of regular breakfast at our home. A wholesome breakfast, grilled sandwich with Boiled eggs and cheese, grilled to golden perfection is a perfect breakfast sandwich to kickstart any day. Egg recipes are great life savers, there is always an egg recipe to save your day. When I do not have much time and still want a tasty breakfast, the egg cheese sandwich is one of my go-to meal.
You know what is another lifesaver for me? Yes! Eggs in all form. If you have bread and eggs in the fridge along with basic seasonings and sauce, you will never have a boring breakfast again. Why eggs for breakfast, egg recipes are a great saver for all meals. Trust me! Because I have few interesting recipes lined up for you.
There are few simple bread and egg recipes already on the website. You may want to try these egg sandwich recipes. There are other bread and egg sandwich recipes like Savoury French toast, Indian Omelette sandwich which I absolutely love. If you like to try Veg grill sandwich you may like to try Veg Chilli Cheese Sandwich, Curd Sandwich. Both these Veg sandwiches are too good!
I feel Sandwich recipes are a total lifesaver. When you are having a time crunch, you can easily whip up a sandwich recipe that wholesome, filling and tasty. I mean what can be more convenient than placing delicious fillings between bread slices and you have a delicious meal ready in no time. A sandwich recipe that you can pack for Lunchbox or Kids Lunchbox.
Eggs are a life saver for me, so more often than not I keep a few boiled eggs in the fridge. If you like to know how to make perfect boiled eggs, I have to methods for you. Make Hard boiled eggs on the stovetop, Instant Pot hard boiled eggs.
This Egg cheese sandwich, the sandwiches are filled with a mixture of boiled eggs, cheese and mayonnaise. Indulgent and cheesy, but sooo good! You can even convert it to egg cheese toast if a toast is what you love. Simply spread the egg filling on the bread and cheese slice and grill the sandwich in the oven without covering.
I have used my simple and easy sandwich bread recipe for making this sandwich. You can use store-bought bread or make your own as per your choice. Multigrain bread, sourdough bread or simple wheat bread, you can use any bread for the sandwich.
Many of you keep asking me about how to make a sandwich, even if you do not have a sandwich maker. You can make a grilled sandwich on a stovetop with a grilling tava/griddle. Also, good old toastie sandwich maker like I use in Mumbai Masala toast. If you do not have any of these, you can simply make any grilled sandwich recipe on tava/frying pan. You may not get the grill marks, but a soul-satisfying grilled sandwich is guaranteed with this sandwich recipe.
The Egg cheese sandwich tastes best with just a tad bit of mayonnaise, but if you want to make it without mayonnaise, you can skip that. Or, you can use hung curd instead of mayonnaise. You can always modify any recipe to suit your taste! That's the beauty of home cooking!
How to Make Egg Cheese Grilled Sandwich
Try these delicious Egg cheese sandwich for breakfast, Do take out a minute to rate the recipe and let me know your feedback.
If you enjoy my food and recipes, Follow me on Instagram for daily food updates. I keep posting my recipes, tips and kitchen hacks on Twitter. watch the full-length videos on my youtube channel. If you like this recipe feel free to share it on Facebook and WhatsApp.
- 8 Sandwich Bread
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoon Cheese slice/grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper crushed
- To make the egg cheese sandwich, first of all make sandwich filling
- Crush the boiled eggs in bowl with the help of a fork or chop them as per your choice.
- Add mayonnaise, salt to taste and crushed black pepper to taste.
- Now apply softened butter and one side of the bread.
- To assemble egg and cheese sandwich, place bread on a board with buttered side down.
- Place a slice of cheese on to this bread, place ¼th amount of boiled egg sandwich filling and cover with another bread slice with buttered side up.
- Cut the sandwich into two, diagonally or otherwise, as per your choice. Now you can serve it as it is. Or to make A grilled sandwich follow the next step.
- Heat up a sandwich maker, if you are using one. Or otherwise place it in a grilling griddle on stove top. Apply a very less amount of butter and cook the bread on both sides till it is grilled to golden colour.
- You need to keep pressing it from both side in between. It helps to melt the cheese and you get a good grilled sandwich texture.