Hot and sour egg drop soup is egg drop soup with spicy and bold Indo Chinese flavors. Warming and comforting this winter soup is very easy to make and comes together in 20 Minutes.
I can’t say enough how happy and excited I feel about winters in Delhi. Though wintertime is becoming shorter every year, still I love whatever winter time we have. Lots of seasonal fresh winter produce to cook, hearty meals and best of them Soups!
Watch Hot n Sour Egg drop Soup Video
This hot and sour egg drop soup is everything, delicious, healthy, loaded with veggies and so much flavor. Eat it on its own or go further and make an egg drop soup with the hot and sour soup as a base. It will be super delicious!
Whenever I think soup, this one usually is somewhere in the top of my list when I am making soup. Mostly I make once per week, okay maybe twice 😀 Don’t judge there is so much variety of vegetables that every time it tastes different.
You can make this without eggs too. Medley of vegetables in spicy broth taste super delicious in veg hot and sour soup. I posted veg hot and sour soup recipe last winters, in which you can top the soup with fried noodles.
If you like this recipe please do share this article on facebook twitter or google plus it keeps me encouraged to post new recipes. If you cook this recipe or any of my recipes please tag me with #MyTastyCurry I love to see how it turned out for you.
Hot and Sour Egg Drop Soup Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- ¼ cup french beans chopped
- ½ cup carrot chopped
- ½ cup colored Bell peppers chopped
- ¼ cup corn frozen
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp Red chili sauce
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Soya sauce
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add grated/chopped and saute it for one minute.
- Add chopped vegetables one by one.
- Saute bell peppers, carrots, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chili sauce, Soya sauce, and mix it well with vegetables.
- Add water or vegetable stock and allow it to boil for 6-7 minutes.
- Now add cornstarch mixed with ½ cup of water.
- Allow it to thicken and boil.
- If you want to serve it vegetarian serve it after topping with chopped green onion.
- If you are making egg drop soup, whip these two eggs add salt and whip it.
- Now drop these eggs with the help of spoon into the boiling soup and cook for another 2 -3 minutes.
- Serve it hot and top it with chopped green onions.