Matar paneer cutlets or Green peas and cottage cheese Patties is delicious crispy appetiser or tea time snack. Also known as Matar ki Tikki I made this recipe with Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) and Matar ( peas). Its vegetarian, ready in 30 Minutes. There are two ways to cook these matar and paneer cutlets, Healthy and indulgent.
Watch Video Recipe Of Veg Matar Paneer Cutlets
Many of you asked for kids lunch box recipes and healthy tea time snack recipes during Facebook live sessions. This matar paneer cutlets can be packed as Kids lunch box or served as appetizer or snack.
These delicious and healthy vegetarian cutlets are soft inside and crisp outside. For the vegan option, you can make these with Tofu instead of paneer.
I make these veg cutlets using two methods. First by pan cooking which almost no oil recipe. The second method of making these vegetarian cutlets is by shallow frying. In the video recipe, I have demonstrated both the methods.
Cooking Notes for Making Matar Paneer Cutlets
- I used leftover rice in the recipe, but if you don’t want to eat rice you can skip that. If you like potatoes you can add boiled and mashed potato instead.
- I used raw crushed fresh peas, you can use boiled or frozen as per choice or availability.
- You can turn these into vegetable cutlets by adding more chopped and steamed vegetables.
- Make sure to add enough bread crumbs so the cutlet does not disintegrate while deep frying or pan cooking.
If you cook this matar paneer cutlet recipe, do tag me with #mytastycurry. It makes me happy to see you all trying my recipes.
If you like my recipes and try them DO share it with me on Instagram and Twitter using #MyTastyCurry
- 100 grams paneer Indian cottage cheese
- 150 g Peas matar
- 2-3 green chilli
- green chilli sauce
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- Crush Peas and green chillies coarsely in a food processor or blender jar.
- In a mixing bowl add these crushed peas and chillies, grated paneer, cooked rice, ginger, green chilli sauce, coriander leaves, mint leaves and salt to taste.
- Mix them well and make a dough of these.
- Flatten this cutlet dough/mixture onto a chopping board and cut it into desired shape.
- If you want to cook these with minimal oil. Just cook them on heated griddle which is sprayed with oil.
- When it is brown from one side, spray some oil, flip it and and cook it till golden from this side.
- If you want to make them crispier, heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry over medium heat from both side.