Masoor Dal Pakoda which is popularly known as red lentils fritters is the Indian perfect tea-time snack. It is crispy outside and soft and spicy inside. What I love most is Masoor Dal Pakoda Recipe can be made with just three basic ingredients! If you are a fan of crispy golden brown balls or Indian fritters with a blast of flavours then you absolutely will love this masoor dal recipe.
We Indians love our pakora for snack or what we call Chai Nashta. I loved how crispy and flavorful the pakoda taste. Masoor dal is one of the few pakoras that was religiously made in my house. I soon learned the best way to make Masoor Dal Pakoda recipe and it's time I share my favourite recipe with you. 😉 Also, If you like these crispy Indian snacks you may like to try another masoor dal recipe of Masoor Dal paneer ki Tikki. And do not just dismiss them because these are deep fried, if you deep fry with right technique it is not all that bad for few times in month. Tips and right technique for Deep frying
Masoor Dal Pakoda Recipe Video - Lentil Fritter
We all love pakoras/fritters, don’t we? They are crispy, spicy and perfect to quest our sudden hunger pang with. The best thing about pakoras is that we can add any filling in the mix and change the ingredients as per our choice and they will still taste mouth-watering delicious.
While most of us love pakoras for snacks, there are equal numbers who like to munch on pakora with their main meal.
For me, nothing is remotely close to the feeling of popping crispy pakoras in my mouth and enjoying the blast of flavors. Since I always enjoy snacks with my tea I usually make pakoras around supper since they usually are easy and quick to make. Needless to say that more often than not we end up skipping dinner that day or may be max a simple light salad for the dinner that day is our routine.
If you love pakoras as much as I do then I am sure you will also like our popular 10 awesome pakora recipes for you. It has all the luscious pakoras from Paneer Pakoda, Paneer Onion Pakora, Ragi and Methi Pakora to Chawal Ka Pakora amongst others!
Masoor Dal Pakora recipe has been my favorite because I never have to worry about the ingredients while making it. Masoor Dal Pakoda can easily be made with only three basic ingredient that is usually available in our kitchen. Yes, all you need in order to make this crispy pakoda is masoor dal (red lentils), onions, spices and of course my favorite green chillies!
With air fryer coming in Whether you are having a lazy day or you have had unexpected guests in home, Masoor Dal Pakoda is one of the best Indian snack recipe . Winter is coming and we all know how amazing a cup of tea and a plate full of Dal Pakoda sounds. Whenever I plan on making Masoor Dal for dinner.
You can read the delicious and healthy way of making Masoor Dal here, I usually take some dal prior to it and make pakoras in the evening. Dal is jammed-packed with nutrients and is great for hair. My dinner plate always consists of a bowl full of Dal.
I make different dals so that my kids eat them everyday and not get bored of eating the same dal everyday. If you want to make a variety of healthy dal a week then you will love my favorite 10 comforting everyday Dal Recipes. These dal recipes are straight from my kitchen.
Coming back to Masoor Dal Pakoda it is one such recipe you can make according to your taste. I personally love to add chopped green chillies in my pakoda recipe batter, I love how the little chopped green chillies bring spice and flavour to the pakoda.
My special tip while making Red lentil Dal pakoda for your kids is that whenever you are making pakoras for your kids always reduce the amount of green chillies in them as kids tend to not like the strong flavour of green chillies. If your kid loves potatoes then you can also add some nicely cut or mashed potatoes in the pakoda.
The added ingredients will make your child love the pakoras. Similarly, you can include or exclude any ingredient you like in this recipe.
Masoor Dal Pakoda is one of my favorite tea-time snack because it is super quick and easy to make. All you have to do is wash and soak the masoor dal in cold water for 3-4 hours. After it is soaked, discard the water using a mesh strainer and place the freshly soaked masoor dal in a grinder.
One should always be careful while grinding the dal. Since we need a thick consistency, we will not use water while grinding the dal.
Now, to make this crispy and delicious pakoras add onions and spices and deep fry the mix. The Masoor Dal Pakora Recipe is ready to gobble down with green chutney.
Masoor Dal Pakoda Recipe
- 200 gms Masoor Dal
- 2-3 Tablespoon Oil
- ¼ chopped Onion
- ½ Cumin Seeds
- 2 chopped Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Few crushed Curry Leaves
- Chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Take 200 gms of Masoor Dal and wash them until water runs out clear. After washing the Masoor Dal soak them in water for 3-4 hours.
- After the masoor dal / red lentil is well soaked for 3 hours, take the soaked masoor dal out and discard all the water using a mesh strainer.
- When the water is discarded keep them aside. Now, take out the grinder to coarsely grind the masoor dal pakoda.
- Now, put the masoor dal in the grinder and grind it to a coarse paste.
- After the masoor dal is coarsely grind take it out in a bowl and add ¼ chopped onions, ½ cumin seeds, 2 chopped green chillies, 1 teaspoon mustard seeds in it.
- After that add few crushed curry leaves, chopped coriander, salt to taste and a teaspoon of red chilli powder in the bowl.
- After adding all the ingredients in the bowl, mix them all well together. After mixing the masoor dal paste and the ingredients together in the bowl keep the bowl aside.
- Now, to make the pakoras, heat a medium sized wok and add oil in it.
- When the oil starts to smoke then carefully take a spoonful of pakora batter (that we made previously) and pour it in the oil. Allow the masoor dal pakodas to fry till they become golden brown.
- Take out the fried masoor dal pakodas in a plate.
- Serve the hot and crispy pakoras with green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney and enjoy with your friends.
If you love the recipes, do share it with your friends and family. Also, like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Whatsapp. Pin us on Pinterest, we would love to hear from you do leave your comments below. You can also subscribe to Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by messaging Subscribe on +91-8368756817