Cheese potato bites are crispy delightful and tasty snack with a crispy and cheesy vegetable and potato covering outside with a soft burst of cheese in the middle. One of my favorite party snack recipe so It has to be part of #MTC Chai Nashta Series. #MTCchaiNashta
There are times when we all NEED some deep fried goodness to munch on along with our evening cup of chai veggie cheese potato bites are perfect for those cravings. These days more often than not I have seen people reach out for readymade frozen snacks when they need something like this. But believe me homemade cheese potato bites are so much better. You can customise them as per your taste preference, add vegetables of your choice or remove any if you don’t like it. For example, I am not much of a garlic eater so who I make these at home I make them without onion or garlic.
In this cheese potato bites recipe I added peas and corn, sometimes I add spinach, mushrooms, paneer etc which makes it quite versatile and flexible teatime snack recipe. You can serve it with an evening cocktail or party. I am sure this will be one of most fast moving party starter, in my home it always is.
Can You Make these Veggie Cheese Potato Shots in advance ?
Yes, you totally can. In fact, this is one of the best things about these. You can make these cheese potato bites in a big batch and freeze them. When the craving for some crispy teatime snack strikes or you have a party you can simply take them out of the fridge and enjoy a delicious starter or snack in minutes. They keep well in the freezer for 6-8 weeks.
Can You Bake the Cheese Potato Bites instead of Deep frying?
Yes, you can totally bake them or air fry them in air fryer or microwave using slim fry function them if you wish to. It all works fine and that way you have a healthier teatime snack with your evening cup of chai.
You can make Cheese Potato bites with leftover potato mash if you have any. Instead of using boiled potato use mashed potato and you have buttery and flavourful cheese potato bites in no time.
Watch How to Make Easy Cheese Potato Bites Hindi Video
You can try some of my favorite recommendations for Indian chai nashta or tea time snack Paneer Pakoda with special Masala, Crispy Paneer Bites, Corn Pakoda, Crispy Aloo tikki, Dahi ka sandwich . You may like to try out these recipes too.
If you tried this recipe please let me know how it came out! You can leave your feedback in a comment below and share a picture on Instagram, facebook or twitter with the hashtag #MyTastyCurry. In case you plan to cook it later you can pin it on Pinterest.
Veggie Cheese Potato Bites Recipe - Indian Tea Time Snack - Chai NashtaPrint Pin Rate
- 200 g boiled potato
- 70 g Boiled peas/ frozen peas
- 70 g Boiled sweet corn / frozen corn
- 50 g Cheddar Cheese grated
- 10-12 Mozzarella cheese cubes
- 30 g California Walnuts chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Green chillis chopped
- 1 Tsp parsley fresh/dried
- 2 Tbsp green chilli sauce
- 75 g Maida/ white flour
- ½ cup Panko/bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying or air frying
- Mash boiled potatoes and add in peas, corn, grated cheese, chopped walnuts, green chillies, parsley, chiili sauce, salt and mix them well to make a tight potato dough.
- Divide potato mixture into 10 parts make round ball and shape into discs. For more clarity on the step watch video
- Now cut mozzarella cheese into cubes and place it in flattened disk roll to cover as shown in video and shape into cylinderical shape.
- Now take maida/white flour into a bowl add salt, black pepper powder, mixed herb and make a thin paste with water.
- In another shallow bowl spread the Panko / bread crumbs.
- Dip the potato cheese bites in white flour/ maida batter first and roll them in panko or bread crumbs and keep them aside. Make all potato cheese bites likewise.
- Now if you want to store them and serve later, just ziplock them in a single layer and put it inside freezer and use as required.
- Otherwise you can just heat oil till smoking point and deep fry or Air-fry as usual.
- Serve them with tomato ketchup or dip of your choice.