Raw Banana Nuggets is a delicious and easy snack recipe made with green bananas. Raw banana is used to make interesting and mouth-watering dishes. For making this crunchy Indian snack recipe I have given the nugget recipe a cheesy twist.
The delicious banana Nuggets is the perfect cheesy tea time snack to munch while sipping your tea in leisure evenings. Whether it is ripe or raw, banana recipes have been part of our culinary world for a really long time. I am simply in love with South Indian raw banana fry and raw banana cutlets.
Though the ripe banana is mostly used in desserts, green banana is used for making some great luscious meals. These can either be steamed, stir-fried, boiled, mashed or deep fried for making kofta, kebab, curries or the famous raw-banana chips. Other than making kachche kele ke kofte raw banana can be used for making crispy and cheesy Nuggets as well.
Whenever I make kachche kele ke nuggets, it is a real struggle to keep myself munching while making. The best part of this delicious quick snack recipes is the soft melt in mouth stuffing. The recipe is quite simple, you need the boiled green banana and few other ingredients to make these delicious tea time snacks.
To make this quick tea time snack recipe nutritious I added broccoli in the yummy mix. I was a bit sceptical about the nuggets first but when I served the delicious cheesy nuggets in the plate and everyone gobbled them down in the blink of an eye I knew right then that it tasted amazing.:p These crispy nuggets taste great with some peri-peri mayo sauce.
You can also serve them with good old ketchup or green chutney. You can always make a double or triple batch and freeze them. They are much better than frozen snacks that you buy from the market.
These frozen Banana Nuggets is a quick snack or great appetizer for the casual-weekend evening or sudden guests. The best part about making this recipe is that you can always add your favourite veggies and experiment with the food.
How to Perfectly Boil green Banana:
- Place the bananas on a plate and trim the ends.
- With a knife, make two cuts along the length of the banana, on the opposite sides. Do not remove the skin of the banana, the cut should only go as deep as the skin of the banana.
- Now, place the banana carefully in the boiling water. Add ½ teaspoon salt and pressure cook for 2 whistle
- Drain the water and take the banana off the boiling container.
- Peel and cut or mash them as per your recipe.
Nutrition in green Banana - Health Benefit
- Raw bananas are rich in fibre which is good for the digestive system and helps in keeping the heart healthy.
- Incorporating raw bananas in our daily diet can help in keeping the cholesterol in check.
- Since raw bananas have low sugar content and resistant starch, diabetics can easily have it too.
- Raw bananas are a good source of potassium and Vitamin B-6.
How to Make Indian Cheesy Nuggets - Raw Banana Recipe
Other Nugget Recipe that you can try is Crispy Air fried green nuggets
Raw Banana Nuggets
- 2 green banana
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ tablespoon cheese grated
- ⅓ cup broccoli grated
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon green chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- 3 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Cut the raw banana in two halves and boil them. (Read the instruction above on how to perfectly boiled raw bananas)
- After the bananas are boiled, peel them, cut them into pieces and mash them in a bowl.
- Now add ½ cup grated broccoli, ½ cup grated cheese, 1 teaspoon green chilli sauce, 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce in the mix. Also add ½ teaspoon parsley, 1 teaspoon chilli flakes, salt to taste. Now, mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Shape them in nuggets.
- Make cornflour paste, add salt. Dip the green banana nuggets in cornflour batter. and roll them in bread crumbs.
- Deep-fry the raw banana nuggets until they are golden brown. Serve them with your favourite sauce.