Tandoori Paneer tikka is one of the most popular paneer recipes around. But what if you don’t have a tandoor at home? But you can still make one of best paneer tikka recipe in the oven, that too microwave oven. Perfectly chargrilled tandoori paneer and vegetables, that are juicy, spicy and smoky it is easy to make Restaraunt style paneer tikka recipe at home.
Microwave paneer tikka is tasty enough to tickle your taste buds and healthy to indulge totally guilt-free. This delicious Indian paneer recipe is diet friendly and tastes absolutely amazing. After experimenting with various recipes of tandoori paneer tikka in the microwave. I am finally happy with this one. When we talk about tandoori paneer tikka, the first thing that comes to mind is the smoky aroma and slightly chargrilled paneer with grilled veggies.
Until a few years ago, I always made paneer tikka in the oven which gave us good result and I was happy with the recipe. But, one thing always bothered me I had to watch it frequently. Otherwise, sometimes it was baked unevenly and in my effort to get perfect char marks I have lost count of how many times I have overcooked before I perfected the timing. And when finally I got my perfect paneer tikka recipe I got the LG microwave oven from the newly launched LG Smart inverter Microwaves.
Neo Chef microwave’s auto cook menu made it a breeze to make tandoori paneer tikka. With this simple and easy paneer tikka recipe, I have a delicious Indian appetizer ready in 20 Minutes. The only catch being, paneer should be marinated 1-2 hours before. Whenever I am making paneer tikka, I make sure to make a double batch. This way leftover tandoori paneer can be used in making paneer tikka masala. It’s a perfect paneer gravy to serve with Naan or rice. But coming back tandoori paneer tikka, Let me warn you beforehand this is addictive!
Okay now, let me take you through the process to make tandoori paneer tikka recipe. Before you ask Can you really make tandoori tikka in the oven? Well Yes! With newly launched Neo Chef smart inverter microwave you can make best tandoori Paneer tikka in the microwave oven.
Disclaimer: LG India sent me theNeo Chef smart inverter microwave for the Review.
As soon I received my new Microwave from LG, the first thing I wanted to check was charcoal cooking. I am simply in love with tandoori dishes and love to make them at home. With smart inverter technology in Neo Chef, the distribution of heat is very even.
Any paneer recipe requires even cooking, So each piece of paneer tikka is cooked evenly from inside out. Compared to conventional microwave oven it can operate up to whooping 1200W power. The food is cooked even faster. I have tried many other tandoori dishes in the microwave like chicken tikka, tandoori gobhi, Naan etc and each came out much better than a conventional oven.
So making paneer tikka is an easy breezy thing, just get your paneer marination right. And, all this at the touch of a button with such a wide recipe selection in auto cook menu.
Now even if you have a regular microwave you can make this microwave oven Paneer tikka easily. The only thing you need is convection microwave. Follow the procedure up to paneer marination. After that preheat the microwave first. Then on the higher rack place the skewers with marinated paneer and vegetables. Press the grill button and select a high power. The first time you might have to observe the timing or refer to your microwave manual for the correct timing. But trust me these easy paneer recipes are worth spending time and effort in learning.
How to make Paneer Tikka at home in Microwave Oven
- First and most important thing is Paneer marination. The duration makes a lot of difference as well as ingredients of the marination.
- Use the best quality of paneer to make paneer tikka or any other paneer dishes. Here’s my video recipe for making soft paneer at home
- You can achieve a good color with Kashmiri red chilli powder. But in my experience for the restaurant like red color
- you need to add food colors. I never do that personally and add a mix of Kashmiri red chili powder and chilli sauce that gives the orangish-red color and I am Okay with that.
- While cooking in the traditional method you keep rotating the paneer tikka skewers, but if you are making tikka in the microwave you just keep it and forget it till the oven beeps.
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garammasala powder
- 1 tbsp Red chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Tandoori masala powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup Cubed tomato
- 1/4 cup Cubed onion
- 1/4 cup Cubed bell peppers
- 300 g paneer cubes
- In a big bowl, whisk together all the ingredients except paneer and vegetables.
- Make a smooth marinade and add all the vegetables and paneer.
- Coat them well.
- Marinate all the ingredients for about 30 minutes - 3-4hours. More
- After 30 minutes or 1 hour,
- After marination strew all the ingredients on to a skewer.
- Spray oil on the multi-cook tawa.
- Select charcoal mode. ( this feature of LG microwave gives you perfect tandoori taste and texture )
- Select tandoori Paneer tikka on auto cook menu.
- Press start. Allow the microwave to preheat.
- Now, place the lower rack and place multi-cook tawa on lower rack.
- Press start. Allow the auto cook menu to do its work.
- When finished, enjoy the delicious and aromatic paneer tikka with green chutney.