An eggfree omelette recipe power packed with nutrition. This eggless omelette recipe is easy, vegan. Serve it as a quick breakfast or as a light appetizer it only takes 10 mins of active cooking!
If you are looking for an eggless omelette Indian recipe which is healthy and effortless, then this simple vegetable omelette recipe is a must try!
How to make Vegan Eggless Omelette
Stuffed with spinach and prepared with besan and all-purpose flour, this vegan omelet is wholesome and nutritious. This eggless omelette mix or the vegetarian omelette recipe is mainly for those who are vegetarian or follow the vegetarian diet. The ones who don’t like eggs or egg recipes can also make this simple and easy eggless omelet recipe.
I am a fan of easy and quick recipes and most of the times I prefer go-to breakfast over long meals. This is why this vegetable omelette recipe without egg has become my preferred meal.
Now, I know why eggless omelette is especially liked in North India and is popularly served among vegan Indian breakfast recipes. That majorly cause of its close resemblance to the traditional egg omelette.
But, the resemblance is only on the surface for both the besan omelette and egg omelette recipes are poles apart. On one hand where the traditional omelet is cooked in butter and an egg; eggless spinach omelet is low in calories, filled with veggies and has a nutty aroma.
I have cooked this Eggless Omelette with just three ingredients and a tablespoon of oil. You can even spray some cooking spray on the skillet and make these healthy pancakes. I love to enjoy this omelette by dipping it in hung curd dip or at times I have them with tomato ketchup as well. 😀
You can even dip bread pieces in the batter and enjoy eggless bread omelette with a bowl of salad for a wholesome meal.
Other eggless breakfast recipes you can make in less than 20 minutes are Classic Fluffy Pancake, Mumbai Masala Pav, Bread Poha, Vermicelli Upma.
Eggless Vegan Omelette Recipe
Unlike other recipes, eggless besan pancake is low in calories, vegan and gluten-free. I like how it is soft yet crispy on the edges. This spinach omelette as I often call it, tastes great with the hung curd dip.
Yes, the sweetness of apples mixed with the tanginess of curd and mint leaves make it a delicious, tangy dip.
What I love most about this eggless omelette mix is how easily you can mix other ingredients to suit it according to everyone’s palate. Here I have made the batter of spinach and seasoned it, you can even add grated paneer, mushroom, tomatoes or any other vegetable of your choice.
Spinach Omelette is a Healthy Vegan Indian Breakfast. Spinach is known for being the powerhouse of Nutrition. It is full of iron and just a cup of spinach juice will give you 250 grams of calcium. Spinach eggless omelette is a win-win meal because it is not only wholesome but a great source of proteins as well.
Vegetable Omelet Recipe Indian
Coming back to the Eggless Omelette recipe, you can serve it in kids lunch-box or have it with a glass of juice or hot coffee for your breakfast. Instead of parathas, you can serve these fluffy omelets with your regular paneer curry recipes.
You can read my recipe tips on how to make a veggie omelette recipe easy down here. You can either read the recipe prep or by watching the quick video down here for your tasty omelet preparation.
Recipe Notes- Eggless Omelette
- Wash the spinach leaves with clean water and remove the stalks. After that finely shred them to mix them in the batter.
- The batter for the eggless omelette should be thin so mix water accordingly.
- To make crispy eggless spinach omelette, spread the batter evenly. (just like you spread while making dosa)
- To make a low-calorie eggless omelette, spray oil on the skillet.
- Chopped green chilies are optional. You can skip it if you don't prefer spice.
To make an eggless omelette, we will make the batter first. In a mixing bowl add gram flour. After that add all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Mix the ingredients well and then add water and mix the batter, so that there are no lumps.
When the batter has no lumps then add chopped ginger and green chili in it.
After that add mint leaves, and coriander leaves. Mix the batter well.
Now, add chopped spinach leaves and mix well. Make a thin batter for the eggless omelette.
When your omelet has the desired thin batter, keep it aside. Now, heat a large frying pan and add little oil to coat the pan. Keep the heat from medium-to-low.
Coat the oil at the edges of the pan with a brush and when the pan is hot, pour in about a ladle full of batter.
Swirl it around and cook the batter for a few minutes until the bottom is golden brown. When done flip to cook on the other side.
Brush some oil on the side of the omelet and cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
Usually, the cooking time for each omelet is about 4-5 minutes. When the omelets are cooked, switch off the heat and serve them with hung curd or ketchup.
Do try this recipe and if you like it share it with your friends and family. Pin us on Pinterest, we would love to hear from you do leave your comments below. Also, like us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Whatsapp. You can also subscribe to Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by messaging Subscribe on +91-8368756817
- 1 cup Besan/ Gram flour
- ⅓ cup Maida/ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger Chopped
- ½ cup spinach leaves Chopped
- Mint Leaves Chopped
- Coriander Leaves Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilies Chopped
- Take a mixing bowl and add besan, maida (all-purpose flour), baking powder, baking soda and salt in it.
- Mix it well so that there are no lumps in the batter. Keep them aside and chop spinach leaves and keep them aside.
- Now, bring back the gram flour batter and add chopped ginger, green chilies, mint and coriander leaves in it. Mix the batter again and add chopped spinach leaves in it.
- Mix everything well and make a thin batter and keep it aside. (While adding water for the batter, make sure to add it in small batches for a thin perfect mix.)
- Heat a large frying pan and add little oil to coat the pan. Keep the heat from medium-to-low.
- When the pan is hot, pour in about a ladle full of batter.
- Swirl it around and cook the batter for a few minutes until bottom is golden brown and then flip and cook on the other side.
- Usually, the cooking time for each pancake is about 4-5 minutes. You can even place them into a pre-heated oven to keep warm while making the remaining eggless omelet.
- Repeat the same process with remaining mixture.
- Serve hot with hung curd dip or tomato ketchup.
Wow! This looks like an interesting recipe. I am really excited to try it. Thank you.
I am an eggetarian and all love your egg recipes. But, I will still try these eggless omelette recipes. <3 Just perfect
I will buy gram flour now and surprise my sister with this eggless omelette recipe. 😀
Damn! How will I now jealous my vegetarian friends with omelette? This is an amazing recipe, Mam. Just love it. <3
Awesome- tried it out.
Wonderful! I made mine with green chilies chopped spinach and some sun-dried tomatoes. I am going to spread some garlic hummus on them! thank you these are awesome
Loved this recipe of Eggless bread omelette. Thanks for such amazing recipe.