Looking for a nutritious and delicious vegetarian pancake recipe? Look no further! These Spinach and Paneer Gram Flour Pancakes are not only packed with healthy ingredients, but they're also very flavourful.
They make an excellent breakfast or snack and are really simple to prepare. Let's get started with the recipe!
One typical issue that most of us have when cooking these pancakes is that they stick to the bottom, hence a nonstick pan is suggested for creating these pancakes.
I made these pancakes on a Prestige Durastone Hard Anodised 6 Layer Non-Stick Fry Pan since it is safe to cook food with this pan because it is PFOA free and does not contain any dangerous chemicals. The pan features a six-layer extra-durable stone finish non-stick coating that is long-lasting and scratch-resistant, ensuring a lifetime of use.
I get to enjoy a convenient and reliable cooking experience with this versatile and high-quality frying pan.
Why Make Spinach Pancakes?
• Nutritional benefits of spinach: Spinach is a nutrient powerhouse, rich in vitamins A, C, K, and folate, as well as minerals like iron and calcium.
• The versatility of the dish: Spinach pancakes can be customized to suit various dietary preferences, making them an ideal choice for families with different tastes.
• Ideal for any meal: Spinach pancakes can be eaten at any time of day, whether for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Tips for Making the Best Savory Spinach Pancakes
• Use fresh spinach: Fresh spinach is not only more flavorful, but it also retains more nutrients.
• Ensure a well-balanced batter consistency: A smooth, thick batter is essential for achieving the optimal pancake texture.
• Experiment with spices and herbs: Enhance the flavour of your pancakes by seasonings them with garlic, onion, or paprika.
• Cook on medium heat for even cooking: This ensures that the pancakes are cooked thoroughly without burning.
• Adjust the cooking time to achieve the desired crispiness: Cook longer for a crisper exterior and shorter for a softer pancake.
you can enjoy these pancakes with any of these or all of these.
• Yogurt: Add a dollop of yogurt for a creamy contrast.
• Chutney: Serve with a tangy chutney to enhance flavours.
• Salsa: Pair with a zesty salsa for a burst of freshness.
Salad: Complement the pancakes with a light and crisp salad.
Soup: Enjoy the pancakes with a warm, comforting bowl of soup.
More Such Recipes
- How to make Fluffy Pancakes
- Potato Pancakes
- Semolina Pancake
- Korean Pancakes (Yachaejeon)
- Green Moong Beans Pancake
DISCLAIMER: This is a post in collaboration with Prestige You can purchase this Prestige Durastone Hard Anodised 6 Layer Non-Stick Fry Pan by clicking on the link.
Spinach and Paneer Pancakes
- 2 cups gram flour besan
- 1 cup paneer crumbled or finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves was
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro coriander leaves
- 1-2 green chillies finely chopped (adjust according to taste)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder optional
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds jeera
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder (if using), cumin seeds, and salt. Gradually add water while mixing until you achieve a thick, smooth batter. The consistency should be similar to pancake batter, not too runny or too thick.
- Add the chopped spinach, crumbled paneer, onion, cilantro, and green chillies to the batter. Mix well to ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Allow the batter to rest for 10-15 minutes, giving time for the flavours to meld together.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with a small amount of oil using a brush or paper towel.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the centre of the pan and gently spread it out using the back of a spoon or a spatula to form a circle. The pancake should be about ¼-inch thick.
- Cook the pancake for 2-3 minutes on one side or until the edges start to lift and the bottom turns golden brown. Flip the pancake using a spatula and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the pancake from the pan and place it on a plate. Repeat the process with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between each pancake.
- Serve the Spinach and Paneer Gram Flour Pancakes hot with your choice of chutney, yogurt, or ketchup.
- Enjoy these healthy and scrumptious pancakes, perfect for a guilt-free indulgence!