How to Make Moist Fluffy best Scrambled Eggs – The secret to making big, fluffy and best-scrambled eggs. Simple tips to make a creamy egg scramble each time at home. Butter, good whisk, pan and low heat are all you need to make the best scrambled eggs in under 10 minutes.
French-Style Eggs vs. Fluffy Large-Curd Eggs
For most of us, one of the primary dishes we learned to cook on our own was scrambled eggs. But the style of scrambled eggs people prefer varies greatly. If the choice is between French-style eggs Vs Fluffy eggs my preference is later. French-style scrambled eggs with small curds are good but large big curd fluffy eggs are my first love!
You can make many variations of this simple egg recipe. Different textures of scrambled eggs, a combination of different ingredients used to make the scrambled egg. I love to cook different recipes from different countries.
It’s so wonderful to see how a slight change in ingredients can make a big difference in terms of taste. Perfect scrambled eggs can be different for different people.
For some slightly runny texture taste better and for others including me perfectly formed soft scrambled eggs taste best. So naturally, in this post, I am sharing How to make Perfectly formed soft and fluffy eggs.
Eggs are one of the simplest dishes to cook, but you need a technique and perfect method to cook scrambled eggs right.
Dairy = The Secret to making Fluffiest Best Scrambled Eggs
Dairy products like butter, milk and cream make fluffy and creamy eggs. Fats in dairy help the protein in eggs to restrict the loss of liquid and this, in turn, makes eggs fluffier. The cream is the best solution for that. But cream in eggs often leaves an aftertaste so I prefer to add whole milk. This makes scrambled eggs luxurious, rich and fluffy but not too heavy.
Now that I have told you I prefer big size curd in scrambled eggs let's discuss how to get that texture. Dairy is important but air, heat, and how to cook eggs are also important. If you take care of these things your scrambled eggs will be delicious.
Technique for Creamy and perfect eggs
Beat eggs Nice and Fluffy: Never just throw eggs directly into the pan. Always whisk the eggs to incorporate air. This will make sure that air is incorporated into the eggs and that the colour of the eggs is uniformly golden.
Right Heat is Important: One of the most important tips to make a perfect egg scramble is controlling the heat at various stages of cooking eggs. You need to change heat levels at various cooking stages. In the beginning, while curd formation happens you need medium heat for about 30 seconds and then immediately reduce it to low when thick curd starts to form.
Be Gentle and Push them: To form fluffy and large curd use either a rubber spatula or a wooden spatula and slowly and gently push the eggs in one direction.
How much to cook eggs: To get the perfect scrambled egg consistency do not wait for the eggs to dry out completely. Stop cooking and remove the pan from heat when it is not liquid, curds are large and still moist.
FAQs for Scrambled Eggs
How Much To Whisk Eggs
The second most important tip is how much you stir the egg mixture to make a perfect fluffy soft scramble. Do not over stir. If you want a fluffy well-formed egg scramble, that stays fluffy after coming out of the pan, less is more. [PHOTO - 3]
Again it all depends on your personal preference. As I said in the beginning for most of us perfect scrambled eggs can be different, but to make them fluffy soft but well-formed I say less stirring the eggs while cooking works best.
When To Add Cheese while cooking eggs?
Some recipes will tell you to add cheese while whisking eggs. Some will say never do that. I have tried it both ways. I find adding cheese while cooking tastes best, but the texture of scrambled eggs is similar.
Seasoning The Eggs
For making a scrambled egg for one, I start with breaking two eggs in a bowl. I like to season them first with salt and red chilli flakes for some heat. You could add only salt or add black pepper or maybe some other seasoning. [PHOTO - 1,2]
Sometimes I add Pickled Jalapeno peppers for the heat and more flavour. So it all depends on your mood and taste preference. There is a reason why in the restaurant they keep one dish as “Eggs Made to Order” 🙂
Mix the eggs till the yolk and egg whites are completely combined. Whisk it so that there are no separate streaks of whites and yellow to get a uniform golden colour of the cooked eggs.
Cooking Eggs Perfectly
The next step is cooking the eggs. The right amount of fat in the pan also helps a lot in texture. I usually like to add a mix of oil and butter for cooking eggs because l like the taste of butter. And butter without oil tends to burn fast.
Slow down the heat to low After pouring eggs. Move the spatula in the skillet in such a way that pulling the cooked eggs inside in the centre and refolding the edges. This way cooked scrambled eggs collect in the centre of the skillet.
When there are no longer any uncooked eggs in the skillet and the texture of the eggs is slightly runny break the eggs slowly with your spatula. Now switch off the heat and shift the eggs once or twice so that any surface of the eggs is not in contact with the skillet for too long.
More Such Recipes
- Spicy Scrambled Eggs
- Egg Bhurji
- 5 Scrambled egg hacks you must try
- Indian Masala omelette
- Street Style Bread Omelette
- Karandi Omelette
For more clarity on texture and the exact recipe looks at various stages I strongly recommend watching a video in the recipe below.
If You like this recipe and made it Please rate the recipe. It helps us to reach more people. You can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest for more food inspirations.
Fluffy Scrambled Eggs
- Calphalon Non-Stick Pan
- 4 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Butter
- ½ teaspoon oil
- Salt to taste
- ⅕ teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- Break open 4 eggs in a bowl. Season it with salt and red chilli flakes or black pepper as per your taste. Whisk them well.
- Some recipes say to whisk them well to aerate them. But in my Personal experience mixing them too much does not work and scrambled eggs fall flat within minutes. So I NEVER over mix. Mix the eggs till the yolk and egg whites are completely combined. Whisk it so that there are separate streaks of whites and yellow to get a uniform golden colour of the cooked eggs.
Cooking the eggs.
- The right amount of fat in the pan also helps a lot in texture. I usually like to add a mix of oil and butter because of l like the taste of butter. And butter without oil tends to burn fast.
- Slow down the heat to low After pouring eggs move the spatula in the skillet in such a way that pulling the cooked eggs inside in the centre and refolding the edges. This way cooked scrambled eggs collect in the centre of the skillet.
- When there are no longer any uncooked eggs in the skillet and the texture of the eggs is slightly runny break the eggs slowly with your spatula. Now switch off the heat and shift the eggs ones or twice so that any surface of the eggs is not in contact of the skillet for too long.
- Make sure to turn off the heat when eggs are 85% done. Because they will still keep cooking in the residual heat from the pan or skillet. Never cook eggs till they are fully dry because in a minute or two these will turn rubbery and flat
- When eggs are cooked serve them immediately. Perfectly cooked scrambled eggs are moist, fluffy and there should not be any browned or crisp edges.
- Add salt to eggs before cooking. Adding salt in eggs before cooking ensures that the moisture is locked in.
- Never over whisk while whisking, the mixture should be uniformly coloured with no streaks of either yellow or white.
- Take control of the heat. The right amount of heat is a must for cooking perfect eggs. Make sure to use appropriate heat levels at various stages. I have mentioned that in the method above.
- Switch off the heat when eggs are done somewhere between 85%-90%.
- If you are planning at add cheese add the shredded cheese while cooking. I have tried adding it in the egg mix before cooking but concluded that adding it while cooking gives best results.
Luis @Pan for scrambled egg
Hi Rekha Kakkar,
This is really good recipe and instruction for making scrambled egg. Thank you for sharing with us this kind of recipe.