Poached in aromatic herbs, infused with the fresh and tangy flavour of limes these crispy golden potatoes topped with salty cheese are certainly our new favourite potato recipe. If you love to experiment and in love with potatoes, this may well become your new favourite potato appetizer recipe too. Or maybe your favourite new potato side dish recipe!
Golden yellow potatoes with crispy crunchy crust flavoured in lemon and parsley are outrageously addictive! I absolutely loved how insanely delicious that sounded because truth to be told, this recipe is a Bomb! Greek Potato Wedges is definitely one level up any potato appetizer. Sure, we are all fan of the spicy Aloo Katli but greek potato wedges have stolen my *easy and super delicious recipe award* dramatically!
Honestly, I won’t be even surprised if these super addictive crispy Mixed herb Greek potatoes end up as the most loved recipe of yours because it certainly is my new favourite Mixed herb potatoes now. 😀
The amazing thing about this delicious greek potato dish is its heavenly and addictive flavour. I absolutely love potatoes because even with simplest of the spices and basic herbs you can make amazing new potato recipes. The number of potato recipes I have on my website is enough to tell you that :D. By the way! there are so many delicious Indian potato dishes with spicy and aromatic flavours that you must try… I think we Indians are world’s biggest Aloo recipe (potato recipe) lovers.
Few Must Try Indian Potato Recipes
Aloo Till wale (sesame potatoes)
I won’t deny that I indeed was a tad bit sceptical about making potatoes since the only ingredient used were olive oil, lemon, parsley, and Oregano. But, the moment I cooked them in heavenly flavours and watched the potato wedges soaking up all the flavours of the pot, it was a game changer.
I literally fist palmed myself when they cooked exactly how I imagined them to be-Golden Crispy Perfection. I know how most of you would be a little errand ugh thinking that this is yet another typical potato wedges recipe. But, the fact that I was literally jumping up-and-down after making these greek potato wedges is the proof of its savoury taste.
These Greek Potatoes are Different
Though I am always up for potatoes baked or fried my waistline isn’t. :p So, I generally have to resist myself (though its really difficult 😮 ) from munching on potatoes or potato chips or you get me :p Hence, trust me when I say that these Greek Potatoes Are DIFFERENT! For starters, they are crispier than any potato appetizer you have ever had and are creamier and pillowy from the inside as well. I loved how perfectly seasoned they were with the aromatic spices including dried herbs and parsley. They tasted so creamy with sprinkled feta cheese and tzatziki dip.
If you fall in love with this recipe I am sure you will love my other favorite potato recipes as well:
Follow the Video For The Perfect Potato Cut
Though I am totally up for personal experiments I would assure you that these greek potato wedges will taste amazing only if you cut them into chunky pieces. The thicker the potato wedges-the juicer it tastes. Follow the video and cut them the way it's shown and you are up for an amazing treat 🙂
Typically the dish is a one-pot meal but when I did make them as a one-pot I kept getting those burnt ridges that caramelize on the base of the pan. So, after trying it several times, I threw the recipe away and added my twist in it. To make the recipe easier to cook I used two separate pots that left me only with great seasoned greek potato wedges! You can make the same by following the recipe instructions of the exceptional Greek Potato Wedges!
Greek Potato Wedges
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Big Size Potatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- ½ litre of water
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole lime juice
- For Sautéing
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1-2 ladleful stock of Potato Wedges
- 1 teaspoon Dried herbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Feta Cheese
- Take 3 big size potatoes and carefully peel them. After that wash the potatoes with cold water and cut the potatoes into wedges as shown in the video.
- When all the potatoes are cut into wedges then take a saucepan and boil half a liter of water in it.
- When the water is boiled then add the spicy needed for making Greek Potato Wedges. Start with adding 1 teaspoon of dried parsley, a teaspoon dried herbs and 1 teaspoon of salt in it.
- After that add the potato wedges along with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a whole lime juice in it.
- After we have included all the pieces in the saucepan cook them for 10 minutes on slow heat.
- It's important to not cover the lid of the saucepan.
- After 10 minutes check if the wedges are done, till this time they must be done 50%. When the wedges are done 50% take them out and keep them aside.
- Take out 2 ladlefuls of water stock that we cooked the potatoes in and keep them as they will be used in sauteing the wedges.
- Now, it is time to saute the potatoes. So, in another pan (sauté) add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lay all the wedges flat on the pan. (If the wedges don’t fit in the pan in one go you can repeat the process by sauteing the second badge of potato wedges.)
- Now, add 1 ladleful stock of water in which the wedges were boiled previously (that we previously mentioned storing). And sprinkle some more dried herbs and parsley on it. When you have sprinkled the dried herbs and parsley on the wedges then cover the pan and allow them to cook.
- You can add 1 or 2 more ladlefuls of stock if required.
- When the wedges are getting cooked, do look at them and keep turning the wedges until they are golden brown from all the sides.
- Allow the wedges to be cooked from all the sides until they are golden brown.
- Take the wedges out in a plate and sprinkle some more dried herbs on it. Top the delicious Greek Potato Wedges with feta cheese and serve it with tzatziki dip.
This looks interesting. Will definitely try this recipe. 😀
I always like to experiment with my dishes. These greek mixed herb potatoes look delicious. Will try this.
OMG! It tasted AMAZING! I absolutely loved it. The potatoes were crispy yet soft from inside. Super happy!
Perfect starter for a weekend party. Loved it.
Perfect crispy potatoes! It tasted so delicious. Thank you!