Paneer Quinoa Salad is a healthy and easy salad recipe with a classic vinaigrette as a quinoa salad dressing .
This simple quinoa recipe with chutney grilled paneer is perfect salad meal for diet or Post workout meal. Here is a step by step recipe on how to make easy paneer quinoa salad recipe.
I am in love with quinoa and this love affair is not new or recent. It was in US that i first tasted quinoa and i was in love with the taste and texture of this pseudo grain. And When I came to know of how healthy quinoa is the relationship only became sweeter. I got about a kilo to home. It burned a hole in pocket but still we enjoyed cooking few quinoa salad recipes and adapted few recipes to Indian taste as well.
But back then once that was over, I could not find it here in India. No one had heard about it so I had to wait till our next trip. Coming back to present time Quinoa is a healthy grain that everyone loves. And, especially healthy diet industry or weight loss Industry is a great fan of quinoa. And most of weight loss diets or healthy diets have quinoa dishes included in them.
So If you have also joined quinoa bandwagon and love quinoa recipes . I have quite a few quinoa salad recipes here on mytastycurry. Also, I am adding few Indian quinoa recipes like this quinoa pulao, Quinoa Khichdi, These Rajma and quinoa Gillouti kabab which everyone is enjoying in my home.
You can even enjoy this paneer quinoa salad for a healthy and satisfying dinner or lunch. I like to pack it for lunch with some fresh fruits.
Quinoa Salad is different from regular salad. Made with cooked quinoa and chutney grilled paneer this salad is bursting with flavours. So If you still have not tried quinoa in salad recipe this is good place to begin. Because this Indian quinoa recipe is It is also a very simple recipe.
I like to add the dressing with my secret salad dressing ingredients. Read along to make quinoa salad dressing.
Grilled Paneer Quinoa Salad is Healthy?
This Salad is a wholesome and filling salad. Quinoa is a low GI high protein grain. A good protein option for vegetarian and vegans this makes base of lot of healthy meals. I combined cooked quinoa with grilled chutney paneer and together these make a wholesome combo of taste and health both.
Healthy and tasty both in one dish the slight bite of quinoa, pomegranate creamy paneer and slight bitterness of rocket leaves. That makes this Indian flavoured salad a delicious and filling and healthy salad meal.
Quinoa Recipes to Try
Quinoa is easy to make and is increasingly becoming popular for its health benefits. You can make a number of recipes with quinoa.
The best recipes are made with homemade cooked quinoa. Most of the times I like to cook quinoa and keep it in the fridge. I keep adding that too my salads, serve with curry or add it in soup or stews. To pack more nutritious punch.
I have also shared How to Cook Quinoa Perfectly. If your quinoa turns mushy or remains undercooked you must watch my How to cook quinoa perfectly on youtube.
Quinoa Salad Ingredients
The ingredients for quinoa paneer salad is paneer, cooked quinoa, rocket leaves, cherry tomatoes, pomegranate and walnuts. For quinoa salad dressing , you need olive oil, lemon juice, red chilli flakes, pink, ginger and sea salt.
I have especially kept the oil in check. Make sure to use good quality extra virgin olive oil. It makes the salad a lot of healthier meal options. I have also grilled the chutney marinated paneer with brush of olive oil for more flavour .
Other Quinoa Salad Recipes You can Try
Mango Quinoa and cranberry salad
Roasted Pumpkin Quinoa Salad
Paneer Quinoa Recipe
- 150 gm Paneer
- 3 teaspoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon carrom seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp lime juice
(For Quinoa Salad Dressing)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Pink salt
- ¼ teaspoon Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Red chili flakes
- 1 1tsp Ginger
(To prepare the salad)
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 cup Rocket leaves
- ¼ cup Cherry tomatoes
- ⅕ cup Pomegranate
- Start with marinating the paneer cubes. In a mixing bowl add green chutney, curd, and ajwain.
- Mix the paste well and then add paneer cubes in it.
- Coat the paneer cubes well with the marinade and keep it aside for 20-30 minutes.
- When the paneer is marinating, start with preparing the dressing for the salad.
- Take a small bottle or jar (make sure the jar has a toand in that add olive oil, lemon juice, red chili flakes.
- Some pink and sea salt and a teaspoon of crushed ginger-garlic.
- Close the top and shake the bottle well. Shake the bottle until all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Now, take out the marinated paneer cubes and with a skewer skew the paneer cubes in a wooden/metal sticks.
- Grill some oil in a grill pan, when the oil starts to smoke gently put the paneer sticks in it.
- Grill the paneer cubes from all the sides.
- When the paneer is well-grilled take it out on a plate.
- In a mixing bowl add cooked quinoa,fresh rocket leaves, chopped cherry tomatoes, grilled paneer and pomegranate.
- Pour a good amount of salad dressing (which we prepared earlier with red chili flakes and oiand mix the salad well.
- Enjoy the salad with juice or smoothie