Cheese Balls are crispy and delicious cheesy snack that is absolutely addictive! Golden fried crispy balls with gooey melting cheese in the center, this is the best and easy cheese ball recipe ever! Today I am sharing classic Airforce Officers Mess style Cheese ball recipe that I learned from chef.
If you love crispy snacks that have a crispy covering outside with a soft burst of cheese inside, then this Cheese Balls recipes are just perfect for you.
This is a mouth-watering snack and party appetizer. You can make it when you are in the mood of some deep-fried goodness with your regular evening tea-time. You can even cook this cheesy snack with your friends and munch-on it during game-nights or weekend parties. So Say No! to that readymade frozen snacks and say yes to this classic cheese ball recipe. This homemade cheese ball is literally a love at first bite!
Even a beginner can make this recipe with ease. If you love experimenting and trying new recipes, then you should definitely make some of these today. As the recipe is only made with grated cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, curd, mozzarella cheese and a melange of spices.
I know how so much cheese makes us go all gaga and mentally count the calories of cheese balls. But trust me a flavourful ball of goodness is worth all the calories it has. There are various recipes of making these cheesy shots. You can make these with leftover mac n cheese balls. You can even add potatoes along with grated cheese while making the recipe. For the soft-melting cheese in the center just add stuff cheese cubes inside the balls and then fry them.
I love the flavor of parsley so I have added parsley in the mix. You can even add mixed Italian herbs or just coriander leaves to make these cheesy balls.
Deep Fry or Baked Cheese Balls
This recipe is of fried cheese balls where I have deep fried these crispy balls to golden perfection. You can skip the step and simply bake them in the oven as well. Prior to baking these balls in the microwave, spray some oil on the balls and then allow them to bake to golden perfection.
How To Make Cheese Balls
Cheese balls are crispy, yummy snack infused with cheese in the center. This incredibly delicious snack is made with breadcrumbs, grated cheddar cheese, curd, green chilies, and spices. This is one such recipe where you can experiment and add your favorite ingredient. You can add corn for example and make corn cheese balls recipe.
How to Make Cheese Balls at Home
It took me a few attempts to fry a perfect batch of cheese ball. In the first few attempts, few of the balls broke in the oil while half of them came out perfect. I realized it was because of the temperature of the oil. So, here I am sharing my tried and tested tips to perfectly fry these cheese balls.
Make these cheese balls that are crunchy from outside and filled with melting cheese on the inside. Kids will love this cheese ball snacks. You can even pack it in their lunch box with ketchup on the side or serve it as a tea-time snack with tangy green chutney on the side.
- You can season the cheese balls with your favorite seasoning. If you have oregano, feel free to add them as well.
- Add one ball at a time to check the temperature. Read the tips for deep frying and then proceed with the recipe prep.
- Make hung curd and add in the mix otherwise, the shape of the balls won’t be perfect.
Other Party Appetisers you May Like
Start by making the dough for the cheese ball. In a mixing bowl add grated Cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs, and all-purpose flour.
Then add hung curd, baking soda, salt, parsley. chopped green chili, and coriander leaves in it. Mix the dry ingredients well.
Add some water to make a soft dough. Add water in small batches to make a soft dough like the one shown in the mixture.
Make a soft dough and keep it aside. Now, grease your palm with little oil
and take a small portion of the dough to flatten the dough and add a mozzarella cube in it.
Pinch out the excess dough and shape them into a ball. Repeat the process and make balls with rest of the dough.
Take a frying pan and add oil for deep frying. Allow the oil to smoke. When the oil starts to smoke carefully add cheese balls in it.
Reduce the heat to low and fry the balls until they are golden brown. When all the balls are deeply fried, switch off the heat and plate them.
For perfect round cheese calls and easy shaping, make sure while making dough for covering that it is not very wet.
While deep frying, bring the oil to smoke point and then reduce the temp/heat and deep fry on medium to high heat for crispy cheese balls that does not absorb too much oil.
More Such Recipes to Try
- Crispy Paneer Bites
- Paneer Kofta
- Vegetable Cutlets
- Potato Cheese Balls
- Crispy Semolina fingers
- Potato and Semolina squares
- Crispy Potato Triangles
- 1 cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ cup Breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Hung Curd
- Oil for Deep Frying
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Green Chili
- Coriander Leaves
- 10 Mozzarella Cubes
- 2-3 tablespoon Water
- Take a mixing bowl and add grated cheddar cheese in it. After the cheese adds breadcrumbs, all-purpose flour and hung curd in the bowl.
- After that add a pinch of baking soda and salt to taste in the bowl.
- Now, mix all the ingredients well and then add parsley and some chopped coriander in it.
- Mix them again and add some water to make a soft dough.
- Add water in small batches to make a soft dough. Watch the video to have a clear look at the texture of the dough.
- Now, grease your palm with little oil and take a small portion of the dough. Flatten it and add a mozzarella cube in it. Reshape the dough into a ball and repeat the process with the rest.
- Keep the balls aside.
- Now, take a frying pan and add oil for deep frying. When the oil starts to smoke carefully add cheese balls in it.
- Reduce the heat to low and fry the balls until they are golden brown.
- When all the balls are deeply fried, switch off the heat and plate them.
- Serve them hot with mint chutney or ketchup.