Thai peanut Noodle Salad with a delicious Peanut Sauce dressing. A quick delicious, super quick, vegan noodles recipe. You can make it for dinner or pack it for Lunch at work . You can eat it hot or cold. This is one of the best Asian Noodle Salad ever.
Everyone love noodles, right! But you just can’t keep on eating the instant noodles or Chowmein every day of your life. In our home, we are always looking for new flavors. This Thai peanut noodles salad is an upgrade to the regular noodle dishes.
I love hot noodle bowls but now this Noodles salad with creamy peanut dressing and sesame crunch is my latest favourite. You can eat it both ways, hot or cold.
Just heat it in the microwave for a couple of minutes in winters. Top it with a crispy fried egg you have got a delicious protein rich meal...and, that taste of fried egg with flowing yolk! Totally heavenly I say.
If you are a vegetarian or vegan skip the egg add toasted sesame and ENJOY!
Why We Are Loving These Thai Peanut Noodles?
- This is a super quick recipe.
- If you have boiled noodles at hand you can prepare it in 10 minutes flat.
- This is our lunch box favorite because this taste great hot or cold.
- You can even prepare it ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator.
Ingredients You Need
Noodles: All types noodles are best for this salad. I have tried it with many noodle varieties. rice noodles, glass noodles, egg noodles or ramen noodles. This is one of those recipes however you make them it tastes best.
Peanut Butter: You can use regular peanut butter or natural unsweetened variety.
Peanuts: Toasted peanuts that are crushed.
Seasoning & Sauces: Salt, Red chilli flakes, rice wine vinegar, sriracha sauce or hot sauce, soy sauce.
Fresh Ingredients: Ginger, garlic, lime juice, coriander leaves.
How To Make Thai Peanut Noodles?
To Make peanut noodles first cook the noodles in hot water as per the noodles you are using. I used regular hakka noodles so I boiled them in hot salted water for 5 minutes.
Drain the noodles and keep them aside in a plate. Spread them so the noodles do not stick to each other.
Make a peanut butter dressing by combining, peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, salt, chilli flakes, ginger garlic, lime juice.
Give this dressing a good stir.
Add cooked noodles. Toss the noodles with peanut sauce dressing.
Sprinkle toasted and crushed peanuts and chopped coriander. Enjoy this quick peanut noodles salad.
Thai Peanuts Noodles Recipe ( Watch Video)
Recipe Notes with Tried & Tested Tips
Other Vegetables That you Can use
- Carrots spiralized or cut into thin slices works great and so is zucchini.
- I want to try it with crispy tofu I think that will taste great too.
- Snow Peas also work good and with sesame I totally love them.
- I love to add crunchy bell peppers sautéed with Thai basil. You can add your favorite vegetables. Simply take care to use veggies that do not wilt too soon.
Best Noodles For Salad
All types noodles are best for this salad. That's the beauty of this salad. I have tried it with many varieties. Thin ones, rice noodles, glass noodles, egg noodles and even those semi dried ones you get in grocery stores.
With Ramen noodles too it tastes great. Sp practically this is one of those recipes however you make them it tastes best.
Peanut sauce is incredibly delicious, flavourful and quick. All you need is mix the ingredients and whisk them. You can keep the consistency of sauce as per your choice.
You just need to adjust the quantities of liquids used in the recipe. I like to keep the peanut sauce towards thicker side as it sticks better to the noodles. If you are making it thinner you can make it more like salad dressing consistency.
More Such Recipes To Try
Post Originally Published on 14May 2019 updated on 28Th June 2021
- 3 Tbsp Peanut butter smooth
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce or Red chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- 3 tablespoon peanuts toasted
- 2-3 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 200 g noodles wholewheat or regular
- 1 tablespoon ginger and garlic chopped fine
- Boil the Noodles in salted water as per package instructions.
- Drain and spread on a big plate, keep it aside to cool.
- Now in a small bowl whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha or chilli sauce, lime juice, chilli flakes and keep it aside. Use hot water to adjust the consistency.
- Now saute the bell peppers strips with Thai basil and keep it aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, place the noodles and pile up the veggies over the noodles.
- Pour the peanut sauce over everything, top it wit some chopped coriander, toasted peanuts and toss everything together .
- Serve it in individual portions and add some more crushed peanuts, coriander/cilantro or chilli flakes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.