Thai Noodle Salad with a delicious Peanut Sauce dressing- Delicious, super quick, vegan, flavourful. You can prepare it in 20 Minutes and makes a great Lunch Idea for Work. You can eat it cold. Actually!Hot or Cold this is one best Asian Noodle Salad.
I love noodles, but my favorite are always hot noodles. However this cold Noodles salad with creamy peanut dressing and sesame crunch is an exception. I like this cold as well many a time I carry this to work for lunch. It makes a great change from my regular sandwiches.
The best thing about this noodles salad is it is super quick. If you have boiled noodles at hand you can prepare it in 10 minutes flat. If you are making it for lunch box it’s very handy recipe. We pack it in our office lunch at least once in a week. You can even prepare it the previous night and keep it in the refrigerator.
Everyone love noodles, right! But you just can’t keep on eating the instant noodles or showmen every day of your life. In our home, we are always looking for new flavors. This Thai noodles salad in peanut sauce is an upgrade to the regular noodle dishes.
You can eat it both ways, hot or cold. Just heat it in the microwave for a couple of minutes in winters, also, it tastes amazing as a cold salad. it tastes great both ways! Top it with a crispy fried egg you have got a delicious protein rich meal…and, that taste of fried egg with flowing yolk! Totally heavenly I say.
Thai Noodles Salad with Peanut Sauce Video Recipe
What You Need
Since creamy peanut dressing is most important thing you need peanut butter. You can use regular peanut butter or natural unsweetened variety. You can also add some sesame oil if you like for more flavour.
I love to add crunchy bell peppers sautéed with Thai basil. You can add your favorite vegetables. Simply take care to use veggies that do not wilt too soon.
Other Vegetables That you Can use
- Carrots spiralized or cut into thin slices works great and so is zucchini.
- I want to try it with crispy tofu I think that will taste great too.
- Snow Peas also work good and with sesame I totally love them.
Best Noodles For Salad
All types noodles are best for this salad. That’s the beauty of this salad. I have tried it with many varieties. Thin ones, rice noodles, glass noodles, egg noodles and even those semi dried ones you get in grocery stores.
With Ramen noodles too it tastes great. Sp practically this is one of those recipes however you make them it tastes best.
Peanut sauce is incredibly delicious, flavourful and quick. All you need is mix the ingredients and whisk them. You can keep the consistency of sauce as per your choice.
You just need to adjust the quantities of liquids used in the recipe. I like to keep the peanut sauce towards thicker side as it sticks better to the noodles. If you are making it thinner you can make it more like salad dressing consistency.
Another flavourful Noodle Recipes which you might like to try Chowmein
- 3 Tbsp Peanut butter smooth
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce or Red chilli sauce
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 3 tbsp peanuts toasted
- 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves
- 200 g noodles wholewheat or regular
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic chopped fine
- Boil the Noodles in salted water as per package instructions.
- Drain and spread on a big plate, keep it aside to cool.
- Now in a small bowl whisk together peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, Sriracha or chilli sauce, lime juice, chilli flakes and keep it aside. Use hot water to adjust the consistency.
- Now saute the bell peppers strips with Thai basil and keep it aside.
- In a big mixing bowl, place the noodles and pile up the veggies over the noodles.
- Pour the peanut sauce over everything, top it wit some chopped coriander, toasted peanuts and toss everything together .
- Serve it in individual portions and add some more crushed peanuts, coriander/cilantro or chilli flakes.
- Enjoy hot or cold.