Coconut burfi is tasty traditional Indian sweet that can be made in minutes. Traditionally coconut burfi is made with milk but this is burfi recipe with Milk powder, desiccated coconut, and sugar. It is instant Indian Mithai that can be made in minutes.
It’s a popular Indian sweet that is made during festivals, in Tamilnadu coconut burfi is known as Thengai Burfi. Thengai burfi is traditionally made with freshly scraped coconut and milk along with sugar and ghee.
There are many ways to make this delicious burfi. Some people make this fudge like Indian sweet with condensed milk and coconut. But I used this tried and tested milk powder burfi that is super quick to make. You can cook it in 15 Minutes flat and have a traditional Indian sweet on the table in minutes.
I don’t make sweets or desserts often, but when I do I make sure it should be a quick one and most importantly taste should be totally worthy of the calories we are going to consume. Yes! I need a full return of my investments sort of person in this department :D. SO, trust me this one is totally worthy of the calories it packs and is super quick to make.
Tips to Make Best Coconut Burfi
- While making coconut burfi with Milk Powder, one thing that is important is a continuous stirring of the mixture on slow heat. This way you don’t end up burning it or browning it too much.
- You should cook the mixture till it thickens to really fudge consistency and comes together as a mass and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Cool it enough and keep in the refrigerator for minimum 30 minutes so that It is easy to cut in proper shapes.
If you like traditional Indian desserts for festivals you may want to try out these delicious Indian sweets with contemporary presentation Raspberry and Rasgulla Cups, Laddoo and Kheer Nutty Fruity Cups. You can also try these 5 different types of unique kheer recipes or traditional Besan ke laddu that everyone loves.
How to make Coconut Burfi Recipe
Coconut Burfi Recipe | How to Make Coconut burfi
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Milk powder
- 1 cup Desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Green cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp pistachio chopped
- Heat the ghee in a thick bottomed non stick pan. Allow it to melt completely and add milk.
- Warm the milk for 1-2 minutes and add sugar. Mix it well and stir to dissolve completely.
- Now add milk powder to the milk and keep it stirring continuously on a very low heat till it starts to thicken.
- Add desiccated coconut and mix it in the mixture and cook it till whole mix starts to come together and form a thick mass.
- Now grease a plate/dish with ghee and spread the hot coconut burfi mixture with a spatula while flattening it on the surface.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds and place it to set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cut the milk powder coconut burfi into desired shapes and enjoy.