Dahi ke kabab is melt in mouth kababs from North Indian Cuisine. A veg kabab recipe Dahi kabab recipe an easy and quick and instant recipe. Made with a base of hung curd/dahi or greek yogurt this dahi kabab are most favourite Indian party appetizer recipe at our home.
A mix of hung curd, paneer, cheese, and spices results in soft kababs which are utterly delicious. Of late, I am experimenting with quite a few curd recipes. I find hung curd is a great base for sandwich fillings, dips, and so many interesting desserts. Some of these snack recipes I have already posted like Dahi ke sholey, Dahi ke sandwich/curd sandwich.
Dahi Kabab recipe is very simple, but at the same time to make it perfect you need to take care of a few things. Now, I am not trying to say that I am a Kabab expert here, but sufficient to say I have learned from my mistakes. I share with you here at least you can avoid them and make these perfect restaurant style dahi ke kabab which are melt in the mouth, crisp outside.
Making Veg kabab recipe is slightly tricky because too little binding agent breaks the kabab easily. A little too much means loosing on soft texture or pasty taste of binding.
Of late I am getting this query why I do not add potatoes in dahi kabab. Well I do not like it but you can surely add a boiled and mashed aloo/potato. But I would call that Aloo dahi Kabab.
Of late, I have made it a part of meal prep to prepare my ingredients during the weekend. Prep the ingredients, follow the particular technique of preparing dahi kababs and savour crisp golden kebabs in minutes.
Kababs, a smoky and spicy dish that from the Middle East. Traditionally, meat is the main ingredient of kababs. But, different variations of this dish has rocked the food world – this is the beauty of kebabs.
Kababs are a favourite option when in a mood to eat some delicious food. This vegetarian kabab recipe is perfect party snacks recipe, I often serve them as a starter. You can also serve these lip-smacking veg kebabs as a teatime snack.
Recipe Notes: How to Make Dahi ke Kabab
While making Dahi ke kabab do remember to pay attention to the following points for mouth-watering dahi kababs
- Prep the ingredients ( hung curd, paneer, cheese, besan (gram flour and ginger ) and store them in the refrigerator. This will help you in quick cooking.
- Preferably use fresh homemade curd to prepare hung curd. Store bought curd is also fine, just make sure it is fresh.
- Don’t use sour curd. It may result in sour taste in kabab.
- Squeeze out extra water from curd fully while preparing hung curd, lesser the water content better will be the taste of dahi ke kababs.
- Less water content results in better dahi kababs. Also, dahi Kababs will soak lesser oil.
- Paneer and cheese help to make soft melt in mouth dahi kababs. So, do not skip these.
- Use only roasted besan to avoid the raw pasty taste.
- Coat the kebabs with bread crumbs before frying them. This will prevent the kebabs from breaking and add a delicious crunch.
How to Make Dahi Kebab (Video Recipe)
I can assure you this dahi kebab will soon become your favourite appetizer or snack. Grill, bake or fry them – they never fail to please. These kebabs taste best with green chutney or dahi wali green chutney. Your taste buds are tickling already! So, don’t wait …. Get started with the recipe and indulge in crisp, soft melt in the mouth and flavourful dahi kebabs with “My tasty curry”. I would love to hear your feedback and cooking stories.
If you enjoy my food and recipes, Follow me on Instagram for daily food updates. I keep posting my recipes, tips and kitchen hacks on Twitter. watch the full-length videos on my youtube channel and Do take out a minute to rate the recipe and let me know your feedback.
If you like this recipe feel free to share it on Facebook and WhatsApp and leave us your comments below. We love listening to your feedback! You can Subscribe to Our WhatsApp Recipe broadcast for Free by messaging Subscribe on +91-8368756817
Dahi Ke Kabab
- 250 gram hung curd
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- 100 grams grated paneer
- 50 gram grated cheese
- 2-3 tablespoon roasted besan
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chillies
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Breadcrumbs to coat the kababs
- Add coriander leaves, grated paneer, and cheese, grated ginger, chopped green chilies, red chilli flakes to hung curd. Mix them well.
- Now, add roasted besan to bind the curd. Mix it well. You can add more besan if curd remains wet.
- Grease your hands with cooking oil. This will help in making perfect round balls.
- Make rounded balls of the mixture. Meanwhile set the oil in a kadhai. Heat it on medium flame.
- Coat this dahi kabab with breadcrumbs. Now, put the balls in hot oil one by one.
- Let them fry on medium flame. turn them to cook from all sides occasionally.
- Deep fry the kebab till it turns golden brown.
- Once cooked, serve them hot with spicy chutney or tomato ketchup. A glass of fresh juice or smoothie would be good enough to complement yummy dahi kebabs.