Paneer Sandwich is a tasty and popular vegetarian Indian style sandwich. This easy paneer sandwich recipe is simple and homey. Spicy paneer sandwiched between buttery toasted bread is one of best Indian sandwich recipe.
Here is how to make an easy veg paneer sandwich with step-by-step pictures and video.
Sandwich recipes usually taste best with fresh ingredients and I have made this masala sandwich recipe fresh homemade paneer. Homemade fresh paneer is moist and you can easily prepare it in advance. Store-bought paneer is not moist enough and quickly becomes dry.
So, if you have bought paneer from the store, then make the sandwich quickly to avoid the paneer from getting dry.
Paneer Toast Sandwich Recipe Video
Paneer Sandwich Filling
You can experiment with your sandwich filling and add the ingredients of your choice. In today's recipe, I have added a twist and mixed sandwich masala with both diced and crumbled paneer. This not only gives a pleasant flavor to the sandwich but keeps it wholesome as well. You can also add bell peppers, it gives the sandwich a nice crunch and makes for a healthy sandwich recipe.
Grilled Paneer Sandwich is one of the most popular types of veg sandwiches because they need no fancy ingredients. You can easily serve them for breakfast or even pack them in your kid’s lunch box. When packing it in the lunch box, do wrap the sandwich in an aluminum foil, this will prevent them from being soggy.
I like to make sandwiches for lunch and have them with my regular smoothies or chia water. If you like sandwiches then you should definitely try my different types of veg sandwiches.
To make a cheesy grilled paneer sandwich, grated mozzarella cheese is spread over the sandwich filling. After you spread the sandwich filling on the bread, grate mozzarella cheese on top. Grill the sandwich and serve it with tomato ketchup.
Two main ingredients for making this Indian sandwich recipe are Paneer or Indian cottage cheese and bread. Other than that I made masala paneer with, onions tomatoes, and other spices. It gives a buttery taste to the masala. I have also added finely chopped green chilies for spice. If you want, you can skip the green chilies if you are making sandwiches for kids.
How To Make Paneer Sandwich
For making this easy paneer sandwich, I have used paneer in two forms. I added grated/crumbled paneer as well as finely cubed paneer. This gives a nice creamy texture as well as chopped pieces look so much better.
I also used a tasty green chutney for a delicious spicy taste. I have shared this sandwich chutney recipe below in the step by step recipe.
For cooking sandwich, I have made this in a pan. You can grill it in a sandwich grill
Bread for Making Paneer Sandwich
Sandwich bread is soft and spongy bread. This tastes almost like milk bread only with lesser sweetness. If you want to make a healthy sandwich you can choose whole wheat bread or multigrain bread. I sometimes use Ragi bread that I make at home.
If you are feeling fancy, you can use sourdough, pita or croissant as well. Types of bread for sandwich actually is as per personal taste. But mostly this paneer sandwich is made with white sandwich bread or brown bread which are commonly available sandwich bread types.
In our regular daily use, we usually make sandwiches with either white bread, multigrain or brown bread. I have prepared this Indian sandwich with both white and multigrain bread. It is safe to say, both tastes absolutely delicious!
Other Veg sandwich Recipes you might like
Veggie Chili Cheese Toast, the creamy Curd cheese Sandwich and Nutella and Banana Sandwich 5 Minutes Veg Sandwich, Masala Paneer sandwich, are among my favorite types of Vegetarian Sandwich. They are easy and contain healthy sandwich ingredients that you can make at any time of the day. If you are a fan of cold sandwiches then try basic sandwich bread recipe or Cheese curd and veggie Sandwich.
- If you are making cheese grilled paneer sandwich, then do adjust the quantity of salt in the masala as cheese contain salt too.
- Toast the bread nicely from both the sides otherwise, it will become soggy.
Step-by-Step Paneer Grilled Sandwich Recipe
Heat a tablespoon of butter in a pan and add cumin in it. When cumin starts to crackle add chopped ginger.
Saute for a minute and add chopped onions in the pan. Cook the onions till they are golden brown and then add chopped green chilies in it. Then add red chili powder and salt to taste.
Add turmeric powder and coriander powder and saute them for a minute. Then add tomatoes in the pan.
When the tomatoes are soft and pulpy add tomato paste in it.
Cook the masala for a minute and add little water as per requirement. Then add diced paneer and crumbled paneer in the pan.
Also, add some freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Mix the ingredients well and when the masala is cooked turn off the heat. Keep aside. Now, take 2 bread slices and spread butter on both sides.
Turn and spread sandwich/green chutney on another side of one bread slice.
Add the paneer masala on it. Spread the masala evenly on all sides.
Add sliced tomatoes and sprinkle sandwich masala on it.
Spread tomato sauce on the next bread and cover it.
Press gently so that all ingredients are sandwiched. Heat butter in a pan and put the sandwich on it.
Toast the sandwich on slow heat 'til they are crispy and brown.
Paneer Grilled Sandwich
- (For Masala)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Ginger chopped
- 75 grams Onion chopped
- 100 grams Paneer
- 100 grams Paneer Crumbled
- ½ cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 teaspoon Green chilies chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Tomato Paste
- Coriander Leaves chopped
- (For Sandwich)
- 6 whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- ¼ cup Green Chutney
- 2 Tomatoes sliced
- 3 tablespoon Tomato Sauce
- Heat a pan and add a tablespoon of butter in it.
- When the butter starts to melt add cumin seeds. Allow the seeds to crackle and then add chopped ginger in it.
- Saute for a minute and add chopped onions in the pan.
- Cook the onions til they are golden brown and then add chopped green chilies in it.
- Now, add red chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder.
- Saute' them for a minute and then add tomatoes in the pan.
- Mix the tomatoes ad cook the ingredients well.
- Add little water if required.
- When the ingredients are well-cooked add diced paneer and grated paneer in the pan.
- Mix them again and top it with some fresh coriander leaves. When done, switch off the heat and prepare to make the sandwich.
- Keep bread loaf on a wooden surface and spread one side of the loaf with butter and green chutney.
- Then spread cooked paneer masala on it. After that sliced tomatoes, sandwich masala.
- Spread some grated cheese if you like. This is optional.
- Now, spread butter and tomato ketchup on the other bread. Take the same bread and top it with the other one. Press gently.
- In a pan/skillet add a teaspoon of butter and place the sandwich on it.
- Toast til they are golden brown from both the sides and serve with tomato ketchup.