Sweet corn soup is popular cream style corn soup recipe from Indo Chinese cuisine. This soup is prepared with fresh summer corn, vegetables, spices and herbs. This one is restaurant style sweet corn soup to warm you up in winters. You can also enjoy a bowlful of corn soup on a cold rainy day.
Monsoon and summer is corn season. I love eating corn on a cob, roasted corn with lime and chilli powder is best food on a rainy day. Boiled and buttered with spices is next option followed by Mexican corn with spices herbs and cheese. In short, I can go on and on. We are in love with summer corn! If you love corn in monsoon you will love these corn Fritters/Corn Pakoda as well.
Winter is perfect time to enjoy hearty and creamy corn soup. Indo Chinese restaurant style Sweet corn soup is a popular soup recipe. Being a corn lover family this is one of favourite soup recipe in winters. If you like chicken like my boy does, you can add some finely chopped cooked chicken to the soup to make it sweet corn chicken soup. I make both the versions. First I cook a large batch of corn soup and take out my portion and add shredded and boiled chicken to make sweetcorn chicken soup.
I make this in cream style corn soup and use homemade cream of corn in the recipe, you can add cream of corn from tin if you wish to. For me fresh tastes best! Now to keep it brothy or creamy is upto you. If you like it thick like restaurant style corm soup you can add cornflour. In my sweet corn soup recipe I have used fresh corn straight from the cob. Also I used vegetables like carrots, peas etc along with fresh sweet corn.
The Sweet corn soup recipe relies on the flavours from fresh vegetables and is seasoned delicately so flavours of vegetables shines through. Also if in the season, fresh spring onion/hara payaz makes a great difference in taste. You can use regular onion too if spring onion is not easily available.
If like me you also love soup recipes for winters, I have many winter special soups on my website. You can check many Indian soups here . Some of my personal favorite soups are Thai Vegetable Soup , Roasted Beetroot Soup , Spinach and Apple Soup . Another popular Indochinese soup that is must try is Hot n Sour Soup .
This week I will be posting many soup recipes which are popular and loved by most of people. So if you are looking for healthy and tasty easy soup recipes, stay tuned. You can follow me onInstagram, Facebook, & Twitter to stay updated or signup for the weekly newsletter. or look under #MTCwinterdelights
If you cook this Sweet corn vegetable soup recipe and find it helpful please do share it on facebook, twitter or pin it on Pinterest this may help others too and keeps me motivated to write more.
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- 300 g Sweet Corn kernel fresh
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 75 g carrot very small cubes
- 75 g Peas shelled
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp celery optional
- Few Spring onion greens
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 cup tbsp corn flour dissolved into 1/4of water
- 1 tsp White Pepper Powder
- Boil 300 g corn kernels with 2 cups of water.
- Now take out about 50g of boiled corn and keep it aside.
- Puree rest of corn kernels (after cooling down) along with water in which the corn was boiled. Strain this puree from the soup strainer and obtain a fine puree to make sweet corn soup.
- Now heat butter big sauce pan, add chopped vegetables carrots, peas, celery and saute for 3-4 minutes till veggies soften a bit.
- Now add pureed corn, corn flour dissolved in water along with vegetable stock.
- Cook the ingredients together till everything starts to boil.
- Allow the soup to simmer for few minutes till the mix starts to turn translucent and add remaining boiled corn.
- Season the sweet corn vegetable soup with white pepper powder and salt as per your taste.
- Mix well, pour in a big bowl and garnish the soup with finely chopped coriander and spring onion greens and serve hot.