Kolhapuri egg curry is perfect and simple egg curry recipe for rice that is our favorite curry at home. This egg curry is very spicy egg curry from Marathi Cuisine and is made in Kolhapur region of Maharashtra.
Kolhapuri cuisine is known for spicy food with very high heat and spice level by liberal use of red chili. In fact, this egg curry recipe is always a hit with all egg lovers in my dinner parties. That’s the reason I thought this should be there on the blog on my list of must make Indian egg curry.
The curry is also known as Anda rassa, I always prefer to make my own Kolhapuri masala base for the egg curry recipe. Kolhapuri masala is made with coconut as a base. Kerala egg curry is made with coconut milk but the flavor of that is completely different from this egg curry.
For making the egg curry recipe I usually go with two methods. One way is making fresh ground Kolhapuri masala (which of course is more flavourful). And, For the second method, I use dry Kolhapuri masala mix recipe, along with my everyday bhuna masala . Bhuna masala is basic masala for Indian Curries which I always have in my fridge. This is a complete life saver for me.
The egg curry is naturally gluten-free and Keto. If you are looking to make a totally gluten-free meal, serve the Kolhapuri egg curry with steamed rice.
Recipe Notes: How to make Egg Curry Kolhapuri Style
- You can pre-cook the Kolhapuri masala from scratch and store in fridge (stays good for 3-4 days) or freezer (stays good for 5-6 weeks).
- You can make dry Kolhapuri masala and combine it with Indian bhuna masala for making Kolhapuri egg curry.
- The recipe is too spicy, you can adjust the red chili peppers and black pepper powder as per your taste.
More Indian Egg Curry Recipe List
- Mumbai Street Style Egg Curry
- Punjabi Egg Masala Curry Recipe
- Egg Dum Biryani
- Saag Anda Curry
- Indian Spicy Egg Bhurji Delhi Style
- Kerala Egg Curry
- Kerala style Egg Roast
- Bengali Dim Curry
- Egg Butter Masala
If you try this recipe of Kolhapuri Egg Curry and like it, click a pic and use the hashtag #MyTastyCurry. I would love to see your delicious dishes on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter! Also, you can pin this recipe on Pinterest if you like it and plan to cook it later.